1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Pure twaddle, you have your fingers in your ears :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I agree...saying one thing to keep their constituents happy but then using stealth tactics to force a remain.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. There isn't but I'm happy to clarify the points you have wrongly put forward

No, I've said that the only DEAL that matches the vote to leave the eu and it's controls is the clean break offered by the wto/free trade deal option

[​IMG]

What the wto & free trade deal option does is make it very clear what the rules are that both sides have to agree on. You then have the unmovable 4 pillars of the eu which they have not budged on and the U.K.'s clean break own red lines. Within all of those are still areas that two entities can and could have worked on to seek gaps that could be filled as the eu does with any country who seeks a deal with the eu and is not a eu country

I feel whether a remainer or leaver be, almost all would agree that Mays deal is not Brexit and is not wanted. For remainers, it is a far worse deal than we currently have and for leavers it is not brexit but what level of remain can they get away with whilst declaring it as brexit.

[​IMG]

As mentioned further up. Once the key basis of wto & free trade and each sides red lines, there is and remains pockets where further co-operation can be gained given our joint history

Of course this is sillyness on your part but consistent with extreme remainers. No brexiteers have ever said we will not trade with europe, in fact when the sillyness of the previous leaving date in March has often been mentioned, the only group suggesting at the stroke up midnight on that day, all trade will stop, has come from remainers and not brexiteers

[​IMG]

Again your bias betrays you. The vote was not, do we trust the eu so never to deal with them again, it was a vote to do things our own way in an ever opening world beyond the eu project whilst still being a friend and trading partner to the eu.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Yip, he’s twists and turns that one, very slippery but very obvious :bucktooth:

5. 'There are no hard brexiteers, that was a remainer term to make us look like extreme right.'

Wtf? You're just spewing obfuscatory bile.

• Like Like x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  6. And you sir, have van Goghs ear for music, only he was able to listen more clearly

7. fuck this shit. bloody germans. brexiteers sign me up.
    THE Tories can’t do it. Labour can’t do it. But a German supermarket chain can.

Lidl has been hit with a wave of gratitude from Scots on social media after doing what the UK’s biggest parties have long failed to do – stand up for Scotland.

A tweet by the supermarket’s UK account has gone viral after it hit back at rival Aldi – which suggested that it had invented the square sausage on Tuesday.

• Funny Funny x 2

8. "But millions have suffered,industries have been destroyed,communities devastated and opportunities denied.
    They have just as much right to make a success of their lives as you do,and a few bumps in the road for you and I should not deny them the chance to do so."

Suffered how?

Even in pro-Leave areas like the North East, Nissan would never have built a car plant there had the UK not been in the EU.

I get it that you're going into bat for all the poor people, unlike you, whose lives have been blighted by the EU. I just want to know what can be unequivocally laid at the door of the EU for the devastated communities.

If the EU was meant to do FOOD, MONEY and JOBS, is it responsible (or partly responsible) for the lowest proportion of household income being spent on food ever, for the undoubted wealth that many people in the UK enjoy (and if it's unfairly distributed, I think you'd need to look at national politics, not European politics to explain why) and employment being fuller that it has ever been, despite immigration?

You want control back over money (whatever that means) and sovereignty (whatever that means). What are you planning on doing with your new-found gifts to make a material difference to everyone's lives?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mate, if you've got something to contribute in the way of argument to this "debate", then be my guest. If you just want to post memes, perhaps you could admire Loz's and Noob's supposed intellectual superiority from afar?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. I've got ya. A future trading relationship with the EU on the basis of WTO rules. So as we have established, no need to have any other trading arrangement with anyone as WTO covers it and no further concessions have to be granted. So not to do things "our own way" - to do things according to WTO principles. Which is all dandy.

No one ever suggested that there would be no more trade with Europe. Of course there will be. Just as there is with Chile and Thailand. I can't see why Britain needs to negotiate a trade deal with anyone as everything is fine just as it is.

#32510 gliddofglood, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nice eye candy Noobie, thanks for applying the rules, other long posters should take note:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. In a nutshell, this is the nub of the entire argument.

Do I like Junker and his predecessor Barroso? No, I can't stand them - self-satisfied, smug bureaucrats on a power trip. But I look at someone like Jeremy Hunt and what do I see?

Leaving the EU only made sense if there was plenty of upside to counteract the inevitable downside. There patently isn't. It makes sense if it's all gain and no pain. It isn't. It's not going to make anyone's lives better and plenty of people's lives worse. And as for all the bleating about putting in more than we take out, well guess what, that's how the NHS and any system of social security, not to say taxation systems work. I suppose most Brexiteers would have been happier with half of Europe behind the Iron Curtain - no need to bother about those people and their grey existences then.

The only thing that amazes me in your post is that you'd ever have contemplated voting Leave when you live in France, work half the time in Germany and run an English company. What were you on?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Most small business owners I know had a head and heart vote. I voted with my heart but actually there was a bit of head voting in there too. We know we were opening in the EU anyway. We also believed that some competitors would not make it in a brexit world and that we could, as we were planning to be warehousing from the EU by 2020, with or without Brexit. 6 months after the vote, we accelerated the expansion, as it was clear the government and the EU were fucking about and were not going to act with my interests in hand.

14. There was no mention of hard or soft Brexit on the voting slip.
    But there were many people telling us what Brexit would be.
    Those people who use the term hard Brexit are referring to how Brexit was described,(and therefore what the majority of people who could be bothered to vote wanted) ,and who don't want that Brexit as described.(I've never heard the term hard remainer-they are always remainers).
    I have learned a lot about how government and democracy works because we were taught politics at school,and I've had a lifetime interest thanks to those teachings.
    I'm not an expert on politics-you just happen to disagree with me,but my 40+ years of experience since the country was illegally taken into the EU have been decades of invaluable learning.
    As for your assertion that just because the term hard Brexiteer exists therefore there must be hard Brexiteers,may I gently remind you that the following words and terms also exist:
    Fairy...Unicorn...God...Ghost...man-made climate change....competent politician....etc,etc,etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Putting man-made climate change in there is of course ridiculous.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. True: I’m sure I’ve experienced ‘Man Made Climate Change’ when travelling in a lift.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Can you just show me, on this leaflet sent by the Leave.eu campaign, which type of Brexit it was promoting?

Specifically the bit about being in the free trade zone?

Asking for a friend...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Wrong :bucktooth:

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. You are clearly not a daft lad, so you clearly understand what tripe you are posting :eyes: I have explained enough over the last several hundred pages - when I do our selfish remoaners run away with no answer, then pop back up a few days later with the same old tripe, ridiculous behaviour from them and utterly confounding from yourself :) but I still loves ya :cool::upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information