1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yes. Video of David Cameron saying so before the Ref. Links posted at least twice in this very thread.

Next facile, uninformed question?

I never said it did.

Allow me to ask you and other Remoaners a couple or four questions.

How many people saw the actual Big Red Bus (the one with the spending-on-the-NHS mess)?

How many people saw the BBC and Sky coverage of the Big Red Bus where the media interpreted the message as a failed promise to spend the whole £350M per week on the NHS?

Which version did most people believe, and why?

Take your time, there are subtle issues here.

2. I don't know.

Sometimes the Ad Hominems are useful, informative and can save a lot of wasted effort!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Given antonye's level of accuracy, he could save himself an awful lot of time by just saying "Yo mumma"

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You just run away embarrassed when I do - what’s up, have you fook all to do today :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. And you believe anything that David Cameron said? Shame on you, I really thought that you were better than that!

Did I see the Bus of Lies in person? No, but there was a lot of coverage in the media.

How did other people interpret it? I have no idea and I don't speak for them. As I have typed many times before on this thread, I am well aware of the tactics and ambiguity used by the Leave campaign (and to be fair also the Remain campaign) in order to paint the picture that they wanted people to see and give affirmation to their own prejudices. This helps me understand why people voted Leave even though I did not myself and don't share the same beliefs. And it's nice to see the same two clowns proving me right time and time again :D

6. Not much subtlety here:

7. Screenshot 2019-05-16 at 13.43.40.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  8. Go for póg mo thóin. It's gaelic. Politely it means kiss my arse, more accurately it means go f..k yourself. The Frenchies will never undertstand :D. By all means add Brexit at the end:)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Also inspiration for the name of the band formerly fronted by Shane McGowan :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Deflection noted. Or do you really not understand?

Genius. You're a genius : o D

yes. There was a lot of coverage in the media and it was not complimentary to Idiot BoJo and Co, was it? So you see, you do understand my point!

Ah, but you do have an idea. Don't you. Fibber.

Oh my! You don't? : o D

Hahahaha.

I'll translate.

"Both campaigns, Leave and Remain, told a lot of fibs amongst the facts, they both tried to misrepresent their positions and it was only Leavers who were too stupid to see through Leave's lies (thankfully, Remainders were too stupid to see through Remain's lies! Phew!).

People are not as thick as you want them to be. You will never be a successful Tory or Labour MP until you grasp this fact. (You may become a very ordinary MP though.)

The man's an unprincipled moron, as is any MP who continues to support the government.

Root and branch, the "Conservative Party" must wither away and disappear. They are entirely unfit for purpose.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I tend to agree with you Mr A and (I think I stated this on this thread before:thinkingface:) I wouldn't want to be the judge(s) deciding on it, because to side with the ED's argument will skewer May, the Govt and the entire Brexit process (not that it's not skewered already:mad:) causing untold disharmony and economic chaos. Although the Judiciary are distinct and separate from Govt and Parliament I believe they will find a way, using arcane legalese and precedents, to find against ED's argument and dismiss it, all in the public interest, and thus not upsetting the apple cart anymore than it is and we all know the 'apple cart' that is Brexit is already well and truly FUBAR.

12. Is this still being processed through the Courts, or has the Government been allowed to dismiss it?

13. Judges are the wizened, labouring heart of the Establishment.

The thought that the judiciary will find against the Government on this issue is, well ... I don't know. I have never had that particular thought. I would worry more about buying a trampoline for the back garden and accidentally cracking my skull on the Moon.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. funicorn.png Bring on your knight in shining armour.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Not quite there yet, but, Brexit - the sequel is coming soon;

BoJo has stated he will run for PM job once Mrs. May has fekked off...…. what could go wrong (not trying to point out that he is a Brexiteer - or so he says - but that he is a moron, apparently) :yum

16. [​IMG]

I have to ask after seeing that picture, were you part of the design team for the v4?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'd say it was more Diavel...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Fascinating.

Root and branch, the "Conservative Party" must go. It is not a fit organisation for Government.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Of course........But I still think he is right.

Briefly, Gina Miller's case argued that prerogative powers cannot be used by the PM to over-rule an Act of Parliament; yet the PM extended the Brexit period using implied powers; which would be unlawful if allowing Miller's case as a precedent.

I wonder if preventing Tillbrook's case from going to a Judicial Review / Court would also be unlawful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information