1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. the only person and party that made no to a 2nd reff was truthless Davidson. she got 13seats.
    hold another GE now.

2. no dodge intended apologies, there are a number tbh, and actually far from being selfish, there are many regions in the UK that receive net benefit from the EU. I voted remain because i believe that it is in their best interest. The impact on me will likely be net neutral from a standard of living point of view. The irony is that those that stand to lose the most actually voted to leave and if that is their wish then i'm happy to go along with their view.

We will see inflationary pressure on food prices and possibly quality due to our heavy reliance on imports and the stopping of EU farmer subsidies. This will put pressure on families.

The lack of detail and level of hyperbole in the leave campaign was astounding and i felt the arguments lacked credibility - I think it is highly unlikely especially given the level of incompetence in the government that better deals with the WTO can be struck. And as for the big red bus.. Gove, Boris, Reece Mog and Farage where leading the charge and i see no discerning value in any of them (not that the other side are much better).

Despite the argument that Europe meddles in law making i'm yet to be presented with an example of a law that wasn't of benefit. the every car to be fitted with a speed limiter is a contender, but most cars have has these system fitted for years anyway and it's only a matter of time before the UK did it anyway.

I think the propaganda that leave spouted has helped fuel a surge in the right wing nationalist movement which is not something with which i want to be associated. The language used by leave was to undermine the value the immigration into the UK. That said i am in favour of brexit in that I agree we should be able to control borders and i'd like to see a system in place that is based on country skill shortages rather than the approach that has been suggested i.e. must be highly skilled and must earn over 30K. This ignores regional needs like agriculture in the south east which requires seasonal unskilled labour as 1 example. The lack of understanding and a suitable plan even after 2 years is astounding.

The preparations for leave should have been done in stealth, the approach we have taken has left us with quite a weak negotiating position and damaged market confidence, a lot of this stuff could have been planned and negotiated in the background ahead of a referendum. I rarely agree with noobs on this stuff, but he is right we need a decision. leave or remain (he won't agree with that) someone with big balls make a decision, stop the bickering, so we can all move on. I just hope we don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. This is one of the most well-considered and thoughtful posts that is wrong from start to finish that has been my privilege to read. Kudos, Sir!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. So apart from listening to Vince Cable's guesses and believing in them, and the fact that remainer MP's have deliberately fooked up the last three years including the PM, you have no foundation for your views? And you still haven't answered my question regarding your personal reasons for remaining in the UK: like mine (if I believed Vince) would be: I have family living in the Czech Republic (wife and daughter), I do 1/3 of my business with EU countries.
    You clearly haven't read much of this threads arguments but the remainer ones seem to fall away when debated more so than the leave ones. So as a question of balance I must call your above views & beliefs out as pure and utter tripe. :thinkingface:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. He hasn't really looked into this subject very much, don't pick on him :eyes:

6. I wasn't picking on him, I was complementing his form and trashing his content.

You are the meany - getting into his personal life like that. You fascist!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. He no answer :blush:

8. Hope you're proud of yourself.

: o D

9. : o D

10. This argument is reminiscent of many I have read
    Does anyone remember farage, before the referendum, proclaiming from the rooftops that in the result of any kind of close-ish remain vote, he would consider it unfinished business, and immediately start campaigning for another The pro brexit lobby are happy to use his current "popularity" to support their argument when it suits, but to deny he has any import when it doesn't..
    The thing is, Britain currently has very favourable terms with the EU, and has seen a steady rise in living standards pretty much across the board since joining. Smoking has been banned in public places, the waterways both inland and the beaches have become steadily cleaner, we have had the best of the youth of Europe coming to live, learn, mingle and pay tax, and our own youth, as well as ourselves, have had the same opportunity. Workers rights have been protected. Travel has been opened up. Roaming and credit card charges have been abolished. I could go on at length. Fair enough that many scream blue murder about border control, but there is no such thing. Net immigration is rising, just from elsewhere. Inward investment however, has plummeted from hundreds of billions to almost zero, whilst outflow of money is in the trillions.
    And yet people want to leave. Fair enough. They scream it was a democratic vote, when, in fact, if it were a binding vote it would be annuled due to fraudulent behaviour and funding.
    The main issue, however, is that there is no clean break, unless the country wants to cease all and any trade with the eu 26 with immediate effect, so a deal is needed, and the UK has had their bluff called, and are at a gun fight with a water pistol, desperately lucky that their adversaries are, at present at least, showing restraint, because if the gloves come off, there will be widespread civil unrest, as barriers go up, and other trade deals kiboshed. Well, the brexit lobby cry, future generations can campaign for readmission. The trouble is, the current generation may well have swung behind not exiting, as the sequelae become clear, but the brexit lobby decry any attempt to see whether this is the case with a further democratic advisory referendum, as being anti democratic, whilst having no issues with widespread rulebreaking, obfuscation and downright lying during the original referendum. Moreover, a future generation will find it nigh on impossible after the rhetoric and behaviour of the current mob to rejoin on anything like the terms enjoyed by the xenophobic baby boomers (who also refuse point blank to sell assets that the younger workers could only dream of affording to pay for their own care as they age. No, the zero hours contact, high rent paying, no fixed abode generation can pay for that too)
    I've got my passport, as have my kids, and we will simply leave, and take with us a significant amount of regular tax, and a significant chunk of money. A lad on my street voted brexit, and has already relocated to Portugal, taking tens of millions with him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Duke, you've been told before about multiple accounts and stay off those blinkin mushrooms ffs :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. What a load of bollocks, and on an Italian Motorcycle Forum too!!! Who'd have ever imagined such behaviour :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. What have the Europeans ever done for us?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Failure to insert pics of hot babes WILL result in refusal to read long screeds of direful nonsense.

Those are rules and we are a rules-based Forum.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Have you seen Dr Victoria Bateman and her one-woman demonstrations Loz?

[​IMG]

16. My views are that it's in the wider public interest to remain. I touched every continent ( apart from the snowy one) for work last year and I worry about travel being disrupted. I spend a lot of time in Europe, i worry about little inconveniences like data roaming charges, as I said my personal position is net neutral, I'll be fine. You are entitled to your opinion, it's been voiced here regularly and I hope you're right.

17. I had successfully forgotten about the Furry Monster and I wish to thank you, Ronald, for reminding me of this.

And I will repay you this kindness.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Handy she got that underwear in black or we might have all gone blind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I don't have an opinion, I have an understanding - unfortunately the MP's have discredited and practically demolished the position we had as I'm sure you will agree. We now need a strong leadership but fook knows where they are coming from! The EU is also not stagnant and once they get the majority vote in the EU parliament a lot of countries will be fooked :thinkingface:
    No secrets then, hiding there : o D

20. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information