1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Why modify/add to a post that I have already replied to - just do another post :thinkingface:

2. Shut it fool :p we are the equivalent spending power of 20 of the other 27 nations and 1000 times more than you lot :joy:

3. You home yet? :eyes:

4. For crying out loud.

If a Mercedes has a sales price of £40k and there is a 10% tax on it then Mercedes pay the U.K. government £4000

The car now costs £44,000 because Mercedes are not going to give away £4000

The lease cost of the car is mostly made up of depreciation. Other costs like tax and servicing are fixed costs.

Depreciation is a percentage. It will make no difference to the lease cost. People like me will still order a C class or a 4 series. It will have no effect on the German car industry. deal or no deal, with regards to sales they don’t care. I know, I work for a large German company. They don’t give a feck.

What they do care about is the ease with which components can be moved across borders. That cause problems with time and increased paperwork. When the time comes to renew or retool, it won’t happen in the UK

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Oh FFS :joy:

6. other 27 nations? i thought they where but 1?

7. Presented with logic and facts all you can come up with is.........FFS

that about sums up Brexit

Now try the same exercise with services

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yip. long time.

9. Really :bucktooth: I bow to your amazing existence:yum ps, you are wrong :blush:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Approaching that number yes :eyes:

11. Cool, I have just poured myself a Scotland o_O:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. when? how? why? how come nay cvnt told me?

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Do the same excercise with Insurance !

Come on

Try it with banking.

This is why Germany, China and Japan have such powerful economies- manufacturing is king.

In my field, the biggest, most successful companies are German. They are successful, despite being already expensive due to having to trade at arms length with their U.K. Subsiduaries. People buy quality.

14. Brainwashed or what :p chill crazy kid :cold_sweat:

15. Roll on a hard Brexit

Can we do it now?

Please?

16. I wish, but unfortunately not due to the spineless :rolleyes:

17. Does that not work both ways ?

18. No, and here's why.

AAAARRRRGGGHHH! Brexit!

No, but seriously.
    The thing is, these arguments are all one-way valves, as far as I can tell. Anything that harms the UK's trade, will help the EU. Anything that helps the EU, will harm the UK. There is no scenario that helps the UK and disadvantages the EU. It's all one-way traffic.

It's almost like trade is a one-way proposition and what affects one side, does not affect the other. Which is nonsense, of course.

How do people believe this?
    I once read about a condition similar to this, in Oliver Sacks' "An Anthropologist on Mars". A patient had a very odd condition where he could only "see" the right-hand side of objects. For example, he would eat everything on the right-hand side of his dinner plate but leave the food on the left untouched, because he couldn't perceive it. Fascinating.

I recommend reading Sacks' book.

19. It’s enough to convert a leave voter into a brexiteer :)

20. I read this as

"voter into a brexiteer" and then there as a creepy half-a-smiley face. What do you mean?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information