1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I'm afraid that is just not how international treaties (of any sort) work.

To mean anything at all, Treaty agreements have to specify how and when they can be ended / exited, and in pretty much all cases treaties can only be terminated *by mutual agreement*

A treaty that one side can unilaterally pull out of, is a pretty worthless agreement. Because neither side can take the other to court, therefore it just makes no sense to agree something that the other side is not obliged to stick to *until such time as both sides agree to end it*.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Quite apart from that... we've had fecking three years to discuss all the complex possible arrangements for leaving the EU, and *after all that* what you're bothered by is that we can't exit the Withdrawal Agreement unilaterally??? (Which is TOTALLY normal)

Frankly, that's the LEAST of our worries.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Who wrote the 'deal; go on, tell us o_O

4. Then I politely suggest you should read the deal the eu was offering, once agreed, should we enter the backstop(which is inevitable according to the Irish deputy Prime Minister), only the eu would have been able to decide when we leave and we would not have a legal out in the same way article 50 allows a member to leave.

You so need to read the offer from the eu, you are way way out. As to the years, we had 2 years of a remaining prime minister and eu civil servants agreeing the deal the eu wanted to give us and remains unchanged. The last year has been the remain parliament trying to block the peoples vote

No matter how many times you go around that circle, it's still the same circle and the majority peoples vote remains the same

5. Thanks for clearing that up.

How's about this then? We don't sign up to any deal, we leave on WTO terms. Job, jobbed.

I'm glad we could agree on the best course of action. :) :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. What worries :bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oh, ok then. :p

Wait a minute....!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I can't wait for the reply. He typed it in CAPITALS :worried:

9. I'm still waiting for what he thought leave the eu meant on the ballot paper, and what does leave mean in everyday life to him

10. You can wait. For him.

• Crap Crap x 1
  11. Leaving the EU could take a number of forms as you well know.

If I were to vote Leave it would have to be something like:
    • Leave the political institutions
    • Retain Freedom of Movement
    • Stay in the Single Market/Customs Union
    Oddly, that’s not far off what Leave.EU were originally suggesting...

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Then I can only pressume in your single focussed glasses, you missed the bit where the eu said all of the 4 pillars or nothing. They called it cherry picking I believe. You cannot leave the political insitutions whilst retaining freedom of movement and stay in the single market/customs union because they are all tied in with obeying the eu's way of working.

The vote was to leave the eu and it's control, nothing you have suggested or mentioned allows that

13. And then they gave a free trade agreement to Japan :joy: bullies - don't be scared of them lil remainers :yum

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yes the protectionist EU gave a free trade deal to Japan to allow them to sell cars into the EU market at a lower price then before, risking jobs in

U.K.- Honda closed Swindon and moved production to Japan
    Germany
    Spain
    Czech Republic
    Italy
    France

And yet some people complain about the EU being overly protectionist

If we give tariff free trade to the EU unilaterally we have to give it to everyone under WRO rules. That will finish off farming in the U.K. so who then is going to manage the countryside?

15. They also promoted the Ford Transit move to Turkey and built Turkey a fookin great big wall with our money - you can’t keep defending the EU, it’s historically bad for business and bad for the future as it takes more control. Remember it’s just stuffed the EU farmers too. Oh to be able to be masters of your own destiny! You are somewhat blinkered :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. And delivery was literally. .... a steal!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Your alternative is worse

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Don't forget the EU Mecosur deal - that helps finish off farming doesn't it.

It's getting easier to see how the Eu is mainly about the Eu project and not the countries in it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Despite the " the u.k. is doomed" obsessives, there is no doubt the eu project and it's brand has been damaged by losing one of the very few jewels in it's crown. An eu without the U.K. is a smaller market and a part of the reason that used to attract many to deal with the eu was access to the U.K. our economy is the equal of losing access to the 19 smallest eu countries

Both the Japanese deal and the south american deals have happened AFTER the U.K. decided to leave and you have to ask why? Why would they suddenly after decades of refusing to do so, why would they allow deals that see's it's farmers at a massive risk and it's automotive at risk too given that is why those countries pay the eu project yearly fees to ensure their market is safeguarded?

20. Don’t forget mercosur has not been ratified.

TTIP didn’t get ratified

Do Not Sell My Personal Information