1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. yip, sounds good.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Brilliant....
    We could Corbyn in charge or even the lib dems......
    What are you going to do if Farage became PM or worse still (for you) .....the conservatives get back in!

The labour party could become the sensible bunch, with a new leader.... perhaps the new slim deputy could lead?

3. Read it again noobie...

4. Farage isn't an MP so couldn't be Prime Minister; he has failed to be elected 7 times.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. They have all been recently, but does the PM have to be in the Commons?

6. Sorry, it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek.

Though I am not a Tory supporter or any party for that matter, it was just in response to all the slating of Johnson and Hunt. They’re the only choices at the moment so
    It has to be one of them.

7. I love Jeremy Hunt's apology for missing the vote on blocking the proroguing of Parliament.

Couldn't vote for, couldn't vote against, couldn't abstain ... so he did what any eleven-year-old would do and told us the dog ate his homework.

This is the state of UK politics.

If you don't now vote The Brexit Party, you have already given up.

If you do vote The Brexit Party, you are turning your back on the dartboard and throwing your darts over your shoulder. Given the options, I hate those odds least.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Another GE could get him a seat?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Who’s the Catwhalloper - worth following for fun ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Abso-fucking-lutely, and I use that phrase very sparingly, you know.

World class typist and journalismist, Carole Cadwalladr, capable of speeds of up to fifty retractions a minute and a Pulitzer Prize winner, to boot.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. A critic of Putin, well that's a good thing, thanks for sharing :):upyeah: go BoJo o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Working on that desperate reach of association, if Boris goes into and orders a subway footlong, a new tube station will be built, or if he goes into nandos, then the Mexican president will be his new best friend

I appreciate these doors are closing on the remain hope and it's expected to see such sillyness through desperation on their side as the last bit of the candle flickers, but you can't help but facepalm at some of the tenuous hopes and inferred allegations to try and stop brexit. Still, not long left then we can move forward :D

• Love You Love You x 1
  13. My take on future events.

1. BoJo will win the leadership contest and become PM.
    2. He will continue to be a bumbling idiot and be a complete flop
    3. He will win a General election as Corbyn is no competition.
    4. Having lost the GE Corbyn will be replaced as leader of the Labour Party
    5. BoJo will continue to be a bumbling idiot and be a complete flop
    6. The electorate, having had enough of BoJo’s idiotic antics, will vote in labour government at the next election.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fair assessment with two possible variations.

he will still appear a bumbling idiot but as his two terms as London mayor and his current campaign has shown, he surrounds himself with very very switched on and capable people and succeeds more than he fails

Some of those supporting him, I wonder if they view it as the last chance to bury Boris politically through Brexit, as it did with May and at the 2022 election if he loses, he will be gone.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information