1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Anyone can clearly see that this is a lego character, sneaky buggers :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. That there are fanatics on both sides isn't news. The article is a tawdry rant, over long and boring with odd references. Citing Chukka Umnuna as a reference unless its for U Turns or self interest has to be a clue? Gina Miller didn't "argue that it would be illegal to invoke article 50 without a parliamentary vote"; Gina sponsored a case which at the High court proved Mays Government were wrong and leaving the EU without a parliamentry approval would be illegal.

If Cohen had produced an article featuring excesses of both sides, it would have been interesting. Still I'm glad you liked it!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Oh I didn't like it at all

There are nowhere near enough pretty women used to break up the long strings of text, no no no, I merely pasted the link for the benefit of my fellow man (dem) :punch:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. The case is about the law, which it is right to defend, review and prove.

To allow a PM to close parliament so that MP's votes can be circumvented - especially ones which have been proven to be necessary in the High Court, is not a small issue and I have no problem with a judgement being made at court.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Agree, If people are able to read the article with an open mind, (strike most labour remainers who want catweazle as our leader:D) then it fairly points out the worst of the remainers are different from remainers

6. Is it illegal for BoJob to prorogue Parliament? Is the law unclear on this matter?

7. "Catweazle"?

Oh, you mean McDonnell's sock-pocket. Gotcha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Be honest, don't you find them even the tiniest bit wearisome with this constant meddling and delaying of brexit?

You know, like a trainer sock that keeps rolling down and chaffing your ankle?

Like the neighbours dog you wish would just fuck off?

Like the brexit countdown timer on sky news?

That kind of wearisome?

We're all friends here, you can say it :no_mouth:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I agree with this part, it was just the comment from Jollyone that got my goat.

It's correct, BoJo may not have a mandate from the people but then does any party leader as they are all chosen from within?

It wouldn't be BoJo 'cancelling' Parliament but the Government.

The public did vote on the issue - Leave the EU or Remain within the EU. We all know the outcome of that.

However, on the basis it was reported by the BBC it is possible his comment has ben taken out of context.

10. I'm not sure which thing is offending you today?

If LABOUR call for a no confidence vote, then 14 days to build a new government kicks in, that will see probably, a general election and during that time we will pass into leaving. This will be a Labour party call

So it appears he's not prorogueing but simply the extreme remainers have run out of options to stop the peoples democratic majority vote to leave and the leaving date will be reached.

• Dislike Dislike x 1

11. The case is about the legality of his actions AFAIK, see my comment below .

Bojo has a legal mandate to be PM, as legal as any previous PM.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. No

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. As usual you know more than anyone about the situation. Lets see what the courts say?

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Leave voters wanted their Parliamentary Sovereignty back, because the EU had taken it away.

This is Parliamentary Sovereignty in action.

HTH.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. It will certianly be entertaining. Gina miller went to court to say the law supercedes parliamentary convention. Now they seem to be going to court again to ask can we restore parliamentary convention over law because it looks like we are losing. :D

16. Well you certainly don't understand the law do you? That couldn't be clearer after reading your comment above. Unless you also know better that the High Court?

17. Sorry Ant, you quoted my post and then answered someone else's question?

Are you working too hard? I bet you are, you little workaholic : o )

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. In the beginning, the government had the power to launch article 50 as the executive and miller challenged that by saying the executive should not be able to use parliamentry convention but must use legal convention. The court found in her favour

Now, with common sense about to return to the nation and we get on with it, some are going back to the court to say parliamentry convention must now be upheld, even though if an election is called, there is no legal requirement for boris to step down until a new prime minister is elected, it has been convention. desperation and little more

The good thing about all of this is that they have tried for over three years to stop a peoples democratic majority vote and they are now experiencing the death rattles of stopping democracy and it will be over very soon, thank god

• Like Like x 1
  19. It was more relevant to the point, that was all.
    And it's always nice to see you wriggle; not in a "gyrating" kind of way though.

And I am at work... ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information