1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Awww :worried:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 'must have its way'

Now that's a telling comment :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Eh?

This thread needs closed down, brexit isn't happening

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. (re: German economy shrank by 0.1%)

...and for comparison, what is the figure for the UK economy?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don't worry, I found it.

The UK economy shrank by 0.2% between April and June 2019.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49290926

So does this make our economy twice as bad as Germany's?

6. Not surprising tbh.

7. Out of curiosity. What difference has that made to your life?

8. Fuck all. Which is why I was wondering what the relevance to posting about Germany's economy shrinking by half as much as the UK's rate had to do with them "heading towards recession"...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Pfft. The answer is so obvious I think you're playing dumb.

German industry is very efficient. They can easily slide into a recession on a fraction of the reduction in growth that the UK would need.

Those efficient Germans. Reminds me of a joke. I may post it in a bit.

10. Sexual habits of Europe:

France: 6 times a week - once each on Monday to Saturday, Sunday off.

Italy: 8 - once each on Monday to Saturday, twice on Sunday.

Germany: 10 - all on Monday

Britain: 12 - January, February, March ....

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Need to subscribe to read it all.

Similar article here

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49336144

extract
    "The source added that Mr Hammond, as chancellor, "did everything he could" to block preparations for leaving and had "undermined negotiations"."

He might well be.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Unlike some of my countrymen and women I don't think it my place to get involved in your politics. I am self-aware enough to know that I don't have sufficient knowledge of Brexit to comment beyond trolling or trotting out stuff based on ideology alone and disconnected from the practicalities of the challenges it presents.

Unfortunately, in some quarters of US politics self-awareness is an alien concept. I therefore offer an apology, for the appalling Peggy Grande and her "World for Brexit" (FFS) movement.

If you are in need of a laugh or you are a sadomasochist have a read of her brief missive - and again, sorry.

https://brexitcentral.com/there-is-...rexit-britain-as-you-embrace-self-governance/

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Because they still have to prop up the EU if we leave, what relevance is your dire-tribe other than your personal selfish thiefdom issues :bucktooth:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. So let me get this right .........The EU won't talk to the UK, because the UK have rejected 3X the current 'deal' (the only deal the EU will accept and the 'backstop' being the main reason it's being rejected). The EU will not accept the UK's rejection of the 'backstop' and move forward to seek another compromise solution, because they say the 'backstop' is too important to be negotiable. So the EU look likely to push the UK into a 'No-deal' exit..........which means ....err.....NO 'BACKSTOP'................... Looks to me like the EU are playing with just one card now (that's the ace of 'fingers crossed the UK will rescind article 50 and stay in the club').

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. You beat me to it. Germany has a wife (France) and 25 kids to support when we're gone :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information