1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Once again you make personal insults and add nothing to the debate.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  2. Wait... is the EU leaving the UK? I thought it was the other way round, with it being the UK's job to negotiate a deal with the EU?

"The easiest deal in history" as it was called.

After all, whether the UK leaves with a deal or without a deal, the net effect on the EU is the same: the UK no longer pays membership to the EU.

The EU has said from the start what the minimum terms were (the "four pillars") and would negotiate the rest. If the UK can't meet the minimum terms of the deal, why is that the EU's fault?

Seems to me like someone needs to put down their copy of the Daily Mail...

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I find your gross stupidity insulting, Mr Poopyhead.

#thattoldhim

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. You are a funny fella! No insults implied :thinkingface: but you made plenty, don’t like it up em, you’ll fit in well over there if they still let you in o_O

5. So why did they wright it :scream:

6. The difference with you though Loz, me old mucker, is that you at least know how to argue a point without resorting to insults.

Ah fuck.

:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bless him though, typical selfish arrogance shines through :sun:

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. Ijut calling the kettle black :joy:

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. More insults, no content.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. In English?

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Aww come on....don't be silly...you can't be that naive. It's in both party's interest for the UK to leave with least disruption. The net effect on the EU of deal, or no-deal, is NOT the same. You know that of course (don't you?). It is the EU's 'fault' (iyl) that they won't negotiate further. They could say what they want about their 'Four pillars', but the 'minimum terms' have always been 'No-Deal'. They were arrogant to say/think otherwise. And yes.. It could have been the easiest deal in history.....if the EU had wanted. But clearly, when one party doesn't want to 'deal', it's going to become the hardest deal in history.

Ahh!! the old 'Daily Mail' chestnut. I'm old enough to make up my own mind thanks Kiddo.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Did you miss the bit where I called you "Mr Poopyhead"?

FFS!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Today I've just finished attending a conference with REFCOM (the main approvals body for the sort of thing we do).
    Regardless of Hard or Soft BREXIT they and DEFRA have agreed to accept all EU qualifications / company certifications for a period of 6 years.
    The EU have said "come the 31st October 2019 the UK Fgas and company certifications will be invalid". No discussions.....
    I say get out NOW and F*** Em'..... why are we being so soft!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. And another thing...
    The EU granted..'
    A Brexit extension "only as long as necessary" and "no longer than 31 October" to allow for the ratification of the withdrawal agreement'..........so just how many times do they need telling that the 'withdrawal agreement' in its current form (and that's the only form they'll accept) is NEVER going to be ratified? By their own terms, the 'extension' should end now and not wait until 31st October.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. BoJob will find a way to keep the UK in the EU, in deed if not in name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. WOW!! ..... Where did that come from ? Would need a really psychedelic interpretation of 'keeping us in' I think.

17. The WA was a way of keeping us in the EU as a non-voting vassal state.

A binding treaty with strings attached which prevents the UK competing in the global market is a way of ensuring that the UK crawls back to the Project on its hands and knees. A treaty of this type, if it is subtle enough, will be sold to the public and MPs alike as preferable to "crashing out of the EU with no deal". If enough people are too busy believing that BoJob is a Brexiteer, they may fail to notice they are being suckered and the UK will quickly find that life outside of the Project is unsustainable due to the nature of the new "Withdrawal Agreement".

Eyes open, people.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information