1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Put who on ignore? :smileys:

2. Funky is alive and well.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. another conspiracy. :Hilarious:.
    half a country has been telling you that for 2years. oh how they laugh now.
    :smileys:

4. Don't worry about it, its great not having any friends :Bucktooth:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I don't disagree, however that was really UKIPs only really creditable policy, so now it's happened their reason d'enter has kinda disappeared. And he's still an idiot IMHO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Farage has also been told by the Leave camp he will be excluded from any future talks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do you disagree with everything that Mr Young says in the above video? Just wondering :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. From what I see ALL the politicians are crapping themselves as they now cannot hide behind the ...... " ah well it's Europe you see" excuse any more.
    They now have to actually work for their living, and do what the people are requesting and bloody well pay them for. Of course this appears to be beyond most of their capabilities and so they are dropping like flies.

Did they have a plan B for what has happened ? Of course not. Never in a million years did they expect this.

Was it required ..... yes. Without a doubt. Our families endured the world wars and fought for a free country. And then as soon as we could the UK gave away all that suffering and loss of life straight back to the bastards that started it. We were part of the EU ? No we were slaves to what the rest of Europe wanted. Maybe I'm seeing this incorrectly , but we were a proud nation and have ended up like a damn dumping ground for rules , regulations, and I have to say it immigration that is on massive scale.

There are very uncertain times ahead , but from where I sit the whole of British politics has imploded with the likes of the BBC propaganda machine encouraging massive fall out. They need to sort themselves out , and quick, and show that there is someone whom actually has what used to be called "common sense" to lead. Ah just remembered, the EU took common sense from us also !

• Like Like x 3
  10. Cheap exports benefits companies rather than individuals, at least in the short to medium term. Expensive imports will effect the cost of living on ordinary people instantly as have seen many times before.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. You don't want to comment on Mr Youngs views? Go on, take each point to pieces :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Who is this :D

14. Interesting isn't it that all it takes is somebody with sense to speak positively about the situation and doubters sit back and listen.

His points are well made and all valid, they even ring true with the more recent positions taken up by the USA and Germany whereby they're happy to come forward and commit ongoing trade from the outset.

Gone are the scare stories of 'back of the line' etc and no hard lines being taken by Germany.......who let's face it, needs access to our economy to keep theirs buoyant. Sensible moves from all.

Yes they'll be fringe members of the 27 remaining EU countries trying to suggest they'll throw a veto spanner in the works, but rest assured if Germany wishes to continue its very high trade levels with the UK they'll simply tell the fringe nations to button it.

Currently the most damage to the markets is the leadership uncertainty, when that's put to bed there will be more positive stories in the news as various worldwide trade negotiations take place.

People just need to hold their nerve, there's too many doom mongerers getting air time because there's lack of positive leadership.

Those who voted remain did so in the most part due to having the shit scared out of them from the government, it's not a particularly nice thing to have done to you especially by those who you should have trust in.

But what Cameron needs to do now is man up and do his fucking job.

By sitting quietly he's compounding the uncertainty and prolonging issues, there's plenty to be positive about if you look forward, no point in weeping about 'what ifs' as so far nothings happened.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. It would seem that Brussels disagrees with you, Nippy has been told "that is not how it works".

16. He's talking very best case scenarios and many years down the line.

Have you never considered that many British people have jobs inextricably linked to free and easy trade with the EU and the companies they work for are EU owned and they now face a very uncertain future?

Good luck with anyone trying to get a mortgage for the next two years. It was hard enough as it was with risk averse banks. Its now got even harder.

17. I sort of agree with you about Cameron. His resignation looks like flouncing off. On the other hand he will have no credibility in the Article 50 negotiations. His hand has already been shown there and I think he's right that someone else will have to do that.
    Though I deplored his tactics during the campaign I thought his resignation speech was statesmanlike. On the plus side, his resignation means we lose George Osborne as well, which will be nice.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. thing is loz. we are all politicians. the government does as its told by us. like the remaining EU members leaders will have to take their respective country's electorate views. heres hopping they can steer their populations to an amicable resolution rather than a right wing gobshite with an agenda along with its associated press

19. Who are you and why are you allowed to post as "finm"?

The government tells us what to tell them what they are to do and they do that via s̶t̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶p̶a̶g̶a̶n̶d̶a̶ the free media.
    Then, they tell us that they are doing what we want them to do w̶h̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ and then they tell us how good we have it. When I say "us", I mean of course the majority of folks who pay taxes, claim benefits, draw state pensions and who are paying a modicum of attention, at least, to politics.

In reality, it is power brokers who tell the government what to do. Power brokers are those with the ability to p̶a̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶p̶o̶l̶i̶t̶i̶c̶i̶a̶n̶s̶ lobby ministers in respect of their s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶ i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶s̶ particular areas of expertise.

Turns out, Alex-in-a-Dress is no different and that I found to be disappointing, if not demoralising :(

Are we there yet?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information