1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I thought he was keen to get into bed with Trump so they can get up to their sordid little games together? He will probably be pulling a face just like that as Donald slips into him. :tearsofjoy:

2. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ok, so I had a dig around.

Sky have been claiming through sky data that 74% of the U.K. feel more divided since brexit.

67% feel less happy since Brexit and 57% feel Britain is more racist since Brexit and a few other nonsense questions

I found Sky data's source and the same information Sky has been pushing as the entire U.K.

Turns out it was "Sky Data interviewed a nationally representative sample of 1,638 Sky customers online 26-28 November 2016. Data are weighted to the profile of the population"

Sky Data poll: Britain more racist and less happy

4. @duke63 So you would go into the negotiations, bend over and say "do your worst".

5. That explains it then, tabloid TV ;).

6. Except the EU who impose tariffs on imported goods.

The EU is first and foremost a protectionist bloc.

7. Its supposed to be a negotiation to suit all as best as possible, not a war to try and beat those damn foreigners into submission.

If we go in with the attitude you have they will simply walk away with no agreement. Despite what many might think that will hurt us far more than them.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Cool if it does happen, but it won't. :upyeah:

Wrong. Hence why it won't happen. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yes it is supposed to be a negotiation but not "to suit all as best as possible". We have our minimum position and they have theirs, or 27 versions of it, and if we, or they, can't get their minimum or better then the negotiation has broken down and we, or they, walk away.

I am prepared for this, you seem not to be, or am I wrong ?

No deal is better than a bad deal, and the Norwegian model is a bad deal, as the remainers pointed out before the referendum, or were they being less than honest or have they changed their mind?

You also seem willing to tar people with the "damn foreigners" xenophobic label with absolutely no evidence for it; but when did that ever bother you ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yes everyone has the opportunity to walk away and at which point business will ask themselves what is best for them? They wont give a shit one way or another where they are based other than what is right from their financial position.

A country with no trading agreements and certainly one with no trading agreement with its nearest and biggest partner doesn't strike me like a good position for international businesses to be in.

The banks and financial institutions have already stated that is so and are already making plans to base themselves elsewhere if need be. That alone could cost the government 10% of all its income.

Of course we could just walk away and sit in the corner on our own with all our ideals in place ...but absolutely no money in the coffers. But then i suspect that is what many want to happen so they can widen the gap further between rich and poor.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. There you go again.

Three letters W T O

12. and all the banks can move up to edinburgh,, land of milk and honey..happy ending,, for us :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. 74% feel more divided since Brexit because.....
    67% feel less happy since Brexit because ......

.....of the media peddling the abolsute garbage they are doing.

Due to curiosity I decided to download via Sky Catch up (news section) a program called 'Nation Divided - Economy'

It immediately starts by mentioning the last time Britain was part of a large political project was 2000 years ago, the Roman empire (yep, scraping the barrel)

Then comes the doom part;

He then goes on to say that when the empire fell and Britain became independent we had centuries of economic 'desolation' (clearly setting the scene for further scaremongering)

Anyway, all that aside they then whack up one of their 'polls' to try and prove a point:

Question - What do you think will happen to your personal finance situation over the next 12 months? (remember, this didn't specify Brexit)

43% - Stay the same
    33% - Get worse
    11% - Improve

So guess what they immediately focus on, yep, that 33%.

Not the fact that the Majority saw no direct threat, but the fact a lower percentage thought they'd be worse off.

What is the point of polling people if your not going to discuss a majority figure?

The hysteria is there because of the news outlets, nothing more, nothing less. They're simply reporting feelings they themselves are trying to encourage and its ridiculous

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Erm, Edinburgh is and will remain in the UK - and it voted out anyhoo :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Someone explain to me why we can afford to stop trading with the EU with no detriment to us yet the EU would fall apart as a result? I'm intrigued how that works.

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Who said that trade would cease between the Uk and the EU?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Plenty on here saying we don't need to trade with the EU but they need to trade with us.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. errr Duke did so it'll happen and we'll all be doomed for eternity :Yawn:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information