1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ( worried and a bit thick)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Or a Sky TV one. :mad:

3. His trouble is, that he started by taking a remain position on the Brexit vote. That's fine, but it morphed into him fabricating tales of doom and gloom without a shred of evidence, all of it based on guesswork about the future. This then morphed into him taking a polar opposite view on every point raised by leave supporters, no matter how ridiculous his statements. He's even taken it further and defended some indefensible issues, like the German terrorist attack, such is his inability to admit that the EU is in any way flawed. He chooses to ignore any of the points put to him that he's been proved wrong on or to back up statements he has made with fact.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Concerned rather than worried i would say.

If the UK and my job goes tits up as a result well i am at an age now where i will just say fuck it and the Government can look after me. I've been through enough Government induced recessions now to know that generally they do not give two hoots about the populace as long as they can keep feeding us the little scraps whilst the wealthiest keep everything. I've worked so hard at times that i have made myself seriously ill as a result and i'm not doing it again. In any case my job as it is now almost certainly wont exist in 10 years time if this Government go ahead with their plans.

Europhile? Not really sure that means me. I just like people regardless of their place of birth, religion, colour. Treat others as you would like them to treat you. Treat them like shit and as a serious problem and they will do the same to you. The ISIS thing can all be taken back to USA policy in the middle east in the early 90s, something which British politicians of both sides were quite happy to jump into bed with, with no thought to the consequences. No terrorist group has yet been beaten by fighting them with a gun and a bomb. It doesn't work.

I don't see how creating further division will do anything more than create further mistrust, bad feeling and most probably eventually conflict. That is Putin's plan and he seems to be making a damn good job of it due to the gullibility of people to believe the lies and shit that some politicians are feeding them. These politicians being openly funded by Putin in some cases and if not them saying how wonderful he is.

I don't see how closing our borders will do anything other than make it harder to trade, harder to make money and harder for UK citizens to move around the world. Its as elitist as anything argued on here.

'Do you meet the criteria of person we want in our country?' Imagine you being asked that if you wanted to visit say Spain? The world has been down that route before and it doesn't work.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. :Facepalm: just listen to yourself :Watching:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Staggering, isn't it?

7. U.K. Citizens have always travelled around the world and relocated eg Australia/Spain/USA why do you think that would change?

My grandparents visited Spain etc as early as the 1970's

I think boarders will tighten up
    Just listening to the news and there is a view that anyone coming here will have to speak English or go to compulsory English classes now that doesn't sound like closing us off to the world

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Some of the other 27 countries aren't going to ban English people they need money to go into their economy and who better to spend the Brits

9. It depends how difficult the UK government make it for others to travel here. The rhetoric of some is just to ban foreigners. Whatever we do to other countries will be reciprocated to English people travelling to their homeland.

You want to live in Spain for a while? can you speak Spanish? No? OK sorry the door is closed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. There you go again. They need our money so they will cave in to our demands. It isn't going to happen.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. The UK Government doesn't want to make it "difficult". They will control Borders, just like every other country in the world does, apart from the EU block

No it isn't. You are the only person claiming that others are saying this. People are talking about control. You are talking about banning. Show me anybody in the Govt talking about banning foreigners, just one !

As we aren't going to do anything to anyone, this is nonsense. I certainly don't mind showing my passport to go around Europe. In fact I would prefer it.

More absolute drivel. Where do you get this stuff from? How many people are banned from Spain at the moment for not being able to speak Spanish?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I heard the grim reaper told duke to eff off as he was doing his head in, just saying :grinning:

13. Keh? :Bucktooth:

14. Que? ;)

15. Duke, many of us have lost jobs at some time due not to government action or inaction but just simply advances. You right now are doing someone out of a job. You are using a computer, no doubt send emails, use a smart phone that sends texts, all of these used to be done by people, have you considered them whilst you are doing the world owes me but I owe the world nothing?

The realigning of the immigration system will do this in judging ALL people equally rather than the current two tiered system that views people within the EU gated community as better than anyone else so have an automatic right.

There is no further division, even the most fervent brexiteers have said we love Europe and will still be friends but we are simply kicking out the management company as it is no longer fit for purpose.

Could you please show us where ANYONE has said the borders will be closed? All that will change is that ALL visitors coming to the U.K. will be treated equally and be asked to show they have the legal right to travel and have a legal right to visit the U.K. As to elitism, the U.K.??? You do realise the E.U. is the largest gated community in the world?

'
    We all do that now, it's called immigration checks at the airport of any country. Your passport gives you a right to travel, it has never been an automatic right to enter a country.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Queue?

I don't speak Spanish silly :D

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. Ooooo, don't plan on going to Spain anytime soon then. You are persona non grata according to the duke, and will be refused entry. :Hilarious:

My local supermarket do a particularly tasty frozen paella btw. I'm going to stock up tonight before the government ban kicks it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. I got out of BT contract, threatened them with legal action and had the communication ombudsman leaning on them and they ended up paying me. I'll do it.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Can you speak Spanish normally then ? :grinning:

20. the sad thing is that you dont

Do Not Sell My Personal Information