1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. :)

2. :Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm:
    Your goal is to antagonise on every thread, it is your purpose in life for some reason. So your views here are ludicrous and worthless :D

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. I can do Spanish but not normally :Wideyed:

4. His user name is a clue. :Troll:

5. Wot about Inglish? :)

6. Not now I am known, had to do Europe :Bag:

7. Just for the record Dukey.
    Almost one in three cars, or 810,000 cars sold in Britain, come from Germany, making the British island (including ,,,,,"finland",,,,,..,,) the biggest export destination for German car producers. It is around a fifth of the total number the industry exports worldwide, according to the German car association, VDA. (Source is Handelsblatt Global a German publication with 2015 figures)

Think Dukey is a masquerading sciolist like others on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. What's my Granma got to do with this thread?

9. sad that you cannot perceive someone voicing an opinion different to your own without you accusing them of being antagonistic,, perhaps that says more about you than anything else...

10. Mine included sometimes.... :Banghead:

11. Oh, so my perception is wrong then :D

12. I don't think its quite going to play out so black and white, regardless what many may spout and what the media seem to insist on feeding.

Its not a matter of our 'demands', its a matter of what works for all.

The things i genuinely don't believe we'll accept are:

1: Paying any further fees to the EU in terms of contribution (tariffs perhaps)

2: Entire free movement of every EU citizen (some exclusions will apply)

3: Being tied to the customs union (if we are we cant open up trade with other nations)

Now, thats not to say some middle ground won't be found.

Ive been reading and hearing lots of good ideas this last few day which include specific market 'free movement' allowances, so agriculture for an example or vehicle manufacture, I'm sure they'll be many more.

However thats handled isn't up to me but it makes sense. Its controllable which gives the voters what they want and keeps industry happy. Its also easier to manage and analyse which should be even better for the workers themselves as they won't be ripped off.

Now if that counters tariffs being applied to those particular sectors its fine.

However, Some tariffs may have to be applied, but thats when it comes down to mutual benefit.

So things we both 'need' may be cancelled out, otherwise whats the point? You charge me 10%, i charge you 10%....pointless

However, with us being out of the customs union it opens Britain up to trade deals and supply of goods from a much wider supply chain.

Expand the supply chain and you'll see increased competition in supply, therefore if the goods supplied by the EU members become uncompetitive due to tariffs its more likely they simply see a reduction in spend with them, therefore they lose out unless they sharpen their pencil or find increased trade elsewhere from within the Eu block

We are not entirely dependant on the EU to supply us, its just that we've been in a supply agreement with some of them for many years.

Changing that isn't the end of the world. It happens all the time in business, sometimes its beneficial to all just to shake things up.

• Like Like x 2
  13. upload_2017-1-5_16-57-53.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 3
  14. Uh-oh...more bad news for the Remoaners...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Meanwhile........At the duke's PC. :)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information