1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. El toro. wheesht.!

2. If he's a British citizen he can vote regardless of where he was born. If he's not a British citizen why is he an MSP?

3. I think it follows the rules of local government, EU citizens living anywhere in UK can vote for councils but are excluded from UK parliament elections.

4. Leave the party, time to go home

5. An EU citizen? What is that exactly?

6. No such thing. The EU is not a country. It is (supposedly) a trade zone. You subscribe to trade zones, you are not citizens of them.

7. EU Citizenship is supplementary to national citizenship, the concept has existed since 1992 with the creation of the single market.

8. Mona Lewis "you'll always find me in the kitchen at parties"...it's where the booze is!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I understand that the status of EU citizenship has applied since 1992 but the concept is still a nonsense. We may as well be citizens of NATO.
    But that is how the EU works. It acts and legislates as if a situation which it desires were already in existence, when in fact it is not, and by doing so for long enough brings that end about by default. It is not dissimilar to the way cancer cells replicate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

11. “The best way to take control over a people and control them utterly is to take a little of their freedom at a time, to erode rights by a thousand tiny and almost imperceptible reductions. In this way, the people will not see those rights and freedoms being removed until past the point at which these changes cannot be reversed.”

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf - just to be clear when you use a quote.

13. Nato doesn't afford rights to individual citizens so the concept of citizenship isn't appropriate.

14. The majority of the time,I do....
    But when quoting certain people,I prefer the reader to decide whether they agree with the sentiments expressed in a statement,rather than a knee-jerk reaction based on who said it....

15. thought i recognized it. not that i have read it, but sounds like the sort of thing his ilk would say. or i heard it on some documentary sometime
    so brexit, are we gonna have to sort that one out for you guys as well. we appear to have slowed down the human rights bill for ya to. up the fishes. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes but context is everything, Hitler was describing how he viewed parliament in Germany in 1920, which he believed was working exclusively for Jewish interests.

I know the debate over the EU has strong opinions on both sides, but I think they are a long way from Hitler.

17. I think that is very much on the cards, England may vote to leave the EU but they shouldn't drag Scotland, Wales and N Ireland with it. The Tories may have to go back to the drawing board and fashion a referendum for England to leave the UK before it can consider leaving the EU ;)

18. I don't believe that Westminster will see things that way.

I mean, when you move house, you don't ask your pets how the feel about it, do you?

19. LOL Fin old bean you should stop sniffing those exhaust pipes...
    You and your brethren won't stop or slow down anything,there aren't enough of you me old mucker...your lot got ticked off like naughty school kids by the speaker and they all shut up and looked sheepish.Without Nicky in the room to bully them along they will be hopeless...even the Labour harridan with all her gurning mates behind her did better than your bloke,the nasty,evil cow that she is...can't even be gracious in defeat,rolling her eyes when protocol dictated she should congratulate the Prime minister.
    As for your comment on the quote,you demonstrate quite clearly why I didn't attribute the authors name: I wonder if you'd be nodding in agreement if Alex Salmond had written it?
    Not everything the SNP says is nonsense,nor Labour,nor the Tories,nor the Nazi's,nor even the EU...in every pile of shite philosophy there are ideas and sentiments which,(if implemented or interpreted correctly),are reasonable,sensible,and practical.
    I'm more interested in the product than the Salesman...

#60 Lightning_650, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information