1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You believe anything negative....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Has Dukey been talking to his imaginary friends again? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I did Noobs, I called into JLR on my way back from the continent. I bumped into the CEO who told me that their woes were being over exposed to diesel powertrain, challenging times in the Chinese market and zero to do with Brexit. I asked if he had spoken to duke, to which he replied "I don't know who he is, but he sounds like a knob". "There was a weirdo knocking about last week talking to the bloke who cleans the bogs about Brexit, but we thought he was a care in the community case. We called security and had him ejected" "On the way out he started calling us racists, this might have been him":thinkingface:

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Maybe this is why his (small) brain keeps malfunctioning. If you are positive about the negative, than that has to create a short circuit, surely? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. the obvious retort is?....

5. Duke would say his foot and mouth is down to brexit however I think he's confused that with foot in mouth. Fin your good at this politics marlarky, can you help duke? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. i'm in a different market, generally i wont see a car of that value until its several years down the road. they dont fair well in comparison to their lesser cousins. but in fairness i only ever see the bad ones, which is why they are in the workshop in the first place.
    we all have a bad story about the cars we have owned.... actually, thinking about it, i dont. i guess i have been v,lucky over the years, but my sister hasn't, two near brand new freelanders on the trot, both with more problems in the two years she tends to keep them than i have had in over thirty years of driving Italian. i tend to get em and drive em to the death. which has yet to happen, i usually end up getting board of em and sell them on with a wee tear in my eye.
    :(. i do get attached to my lumps of metal.

#16106 finm, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  7. how can i help him feel less European? how can i help him see less of the advantages of the EU that i also see? how can i convince him that the UK's problems dont reside and originate at the mother of all 17th century parliaments and social attitudes found therein?

• Love You Love You x 2
  8. true, you're still busy with I would walk 300 years (in a proclaimer stylee)

Perhaps we should not assist but just watch the dukee comedy roadshow talking to people who do not exist?

9. they are gonna fudge it and kick it down the road. just my observation after the last few days developments.
    the DUP making a big deal about maintaining the integrity of the UK.
    Truthles Davidson the flipflopper and Snack beard Mundel the SoS for Scotland, both threatening to resign if N,I get a good deal. they dont want the good deal for Scotland mind, they just dont want to strengthen the case for independence for Scotland. wtf?
    the whole of the UK is gonna stay in the customs union.
    the DUP will be happy.
    up here Ruth will be hailed as the hero of the Scots.
    the SNP will be further vilified up here and more importantly down there (with all the problems that come with it) by an increasingly desperate press, for forcing the UK to stay in the customs union.

10. I can sort of understand that from Scotland's perspective, the EU has not been such a problem. But in parts of England, the pay for many jobs has gone south due to an endless stream of cheap and generally well skilled and motivated labour from eastern EU states. But is this ultimately to our benefit? (or just businesses....) Some employers have an extremely high % of EU employees and I believe it's been detrimental and taken away the need to pay the right salary, train the employees with proper apprenticeships.

The EU has, and is, moving in the wrong direction where it will soon be mandatory to adopt the Euro for example, vetos will be removed and we would be relegated to the outer circle if we'd remained. If Juncker had given Cameron some proper concessions, we wouldn't be having this difficult Brexit. But he has made it clear that they (and Macron) are pushing ahead with further unification whether popular or not with EU citizens.

The EU is undemocratic, protectionist and corrupt: https://euobserver.com/elections/142946
    Can you imagine our courts protecting Westminster MP's "privacy" and enabling them to be paid £3,900 each month for their expenses without any receipts or explanations?

The campaigners then filed a complaint with the ECJ, which the Court rejected in September. MEPs are in “a class of their own, a class of public officials that are not open to public scrutiny” according to the Slovenian investigative journalist and MEPs Project member Anuska Delic.
    It perfectly encapsulates the EU’s attitude, as seen in the context of other baffling expenses – from the £150 million spent on shuffling politicians, bureaucrats and papers between Brussels and Strasburg to the jaw-dropping proposal for a €1bn programme to support “European values”, which was presented to the European Parliament’s Civil Liberties Committee last week.

There will be pain, difficult adjustments, but I'm convinced we'll be in a better position outside of the EU.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Ah, two boobies :rolleyes:

12. yip, its just a shame there is no i in we kirky.
    how you describe the EU is uncannily similar to how i, (a no to yes liberal and very much an ex labour voter) would describe the UK.
    difference being, the north/west of England,wales,N?I and Scotland dont have a veto.
    theres a v,simple reason you will find these people in every corner of planet. necessity.
    i really cant see how the other member states would ever allow these predictions of further integration (the wrong kind) to be allowed to happen. how are they gonna convince each other increasingly nationalistic members (the wrong kind) in its entirety to do that?.
    saying that, i aint so sure the UK press is being entirely honest when it comes to the political leanings of the other member states. i think it suits there needs to exaggerate the problems on the continent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Another one bites the dust:
    https://brexitcentral.com/i-devout-remainer-2016-now-enthused-opportunities-brexit/

It's a long war of attrition,fighting an enemy who ignores facts and whose only weapon is blind,impotent rage against those who disagree with them.
    Slowly but surely,(aided and abetted by quisling politicians and spiteful,sneering bureaucracy),the argument is being won.
    There will still be some die-hard remoaners hiding out in the forests in twenty years,refusing to accept they lost.

#16113 Lightning_650, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  14. What I found funny was the overlap in Trump and Brexit.

When it came to kavanaugh, there was a lot of emotive but no actual proof but those against him and mostly him being Trumps pick, one of their biggest points was,He sits at the top table and once he is in, he is in for life/we can't vote him out

Which was funny given how many of the very same people that were against Kavanaugh for that reason, stood up for the eu who also have a, once in on the top table, you can't get them out either.

I doubt even two years ago fin most in the eu would have seen the state it is now even ignoring brexit, I mean if you looked who started the demise of the eu, Merkel and her open door policy, we were always told no one nation can decide on europe, it was all 28 or nothing and yet one country , one leader flooded the eu with migrants whilst not asking the other 27. Purely on eu rules alone, had that been any other country, they would have had the eu placing sanctions against a loan state, let alone one that has started the breakup of the eu

I agree on the U.K. media, it seems which ever side you favour, too many are trying to create the story rather than simply report on it but as a fervent reader of european news media, I can assure you fin, it's not that different in european media

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. I fear you are wrong but hope you are right. Since it looks like a no deal scenario coming. I very much hope you are right.

Nicely put arguments by the way.

Yes the eu should be more democratic. I wish we had fought to improve that from the inside instead of sniping from the edges for the last two decades.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. This has been mentioned to Brexiteers, specifically the ones that are 'Leave' on the basis of immigration. Seems to go straight over their heads though. India will not be the only country wanting a kick back. Wake up folks.
    Likewise the bargaining power of a large trading bloc compared to an isolated UK. Just get quotes of free trade this, free trade that +++++

Seriously hope to be proved wrong if thats the direction it goes. So far though...

17. Is a very good point. Merkel did a lot of damage with that action.

Let's also not forget Bush and Blair who started the war that left those migrants running.

18. merkil didn't go above the heads of the other 27. she made them welcome in the country she represents, thereby relieving the stress on the member states on the boarders, she did good. can somebody remind me what it was they where fleeing and the root causes? will they end now?
    as a fervent reader of what EU media btw?
    anyhoo, you bore me, time for a giggle
    https://munguin.wordpress.com/2018/10/14/sometimes-we-just-need-a-laff/

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. No you don't, you know you don't. :rolleyes: You're praying for armageddon. :bomb:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Seriously?

Nobody wants their country to get messed up and their jobs to be affected just to win an argument.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information