1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I'm still committed to Leave, having been persuaded to it prior to the announcement of the Referendum.

Still undecided whether Chequers is a ploy by May to make No Deal acceptable to the various UK power blocs and the masses . If it is, kudos to her.

If Chequers is precisely what it seems to be, and is the framework of a deal, I'll know that the political class will never relinquish their death-grip on power and furthermore, will be happy to rub the electorate's noses in it at the same time.

Gonna be a lot of work ahead if it is the latter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Always a leaver as are the majority of my crowd.
    I’m still expecting a stitch up but they better be prepared for a backlash if so.
    I have never seen such a useless bunch of politicians, god knows who I will vote for in the future.
    We need a new political party.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think the whole EU referendum has shown what a waste of space the politicians are.
    I really think Trump was voted in because he isn’t a politician, and that the same sort of thing may well happen elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Nope, not changed my mind at all

Especially given the likes of Macron who's despised at home yet feverishly gearing himself up to be a Merkel type replacement for figurehead of the EU.

Between him, Barnier and Martin Selmayr I'm afraid a future EU is not the type of political project I think we should be part of.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Still a leaver and more so now the EU parliament wankers have shown their true colours - fuck em :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Daily Mail (yes THE Daily Mail) reporting today that Downing Street stopped a security investigation into Arron Banks and the source of his money in 2016.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. It would probably be a pointless exercise and not in the UK's interests at this critical time with an agreement potentially close. I suspect there was wrongdoing from both camps and the fact that the Remain campaign significantly outspent the Leave campaign and that ignores the £8 million spent by the Government on the leaflet we all got telling us why we should vote to remain. I don't think the money spent made a discernible difference to the result.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. This wasn't about the money invested in Leave EU per se but about his money in general.

To point the finger of corruption at the EU while ignoring the fact that the UK Govt is even worse, says a lot.

9. The difference is that in the UK any Government wrongdoings have a good chance of being discovered and culprits resign, sacked or prosecuted. Whereas the EU is secretive and protects those at the top while ignoring or bending rules at will. Look at Selmayr's appointment or MEP expenses hidden for privacy, for example.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. UK MPs tried to prevent their expenses scandal being outed and once it was done they tried to change the press laws to prevent them finding out future wrong doings.

Politics is probably more corrupt than ever as they realise the days of Countries being run as they are, are numbered.

The next financial crash will cause some very big changes to the way we lead our lives, as currently it's not sustainable.

11. This is about the remainers on the commons select committee having the hump that he saw them as buffoons and they have used the unofficial leave eu campaign to go after him and his money and used the brexit exscuse to do so. The elevation to the NCA is unlikely to see anything wrong here and is likely to be referred back to the electoral committee for a slap on the hand don't be a bad boy again.

So in your eyes, any accusation of corruption towards the eu can be ignored? My my dear dukey, how you've changed. When the mp's expenses scandal was in the news your were ranting and raving about the U.K. mp's and hiding expenses but today, you say this is okay? could you clarify?
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/25/mep-expenses-eu-court-ruling

The next financial crash will happen because we, as consumers, used credit instead of saving because we wanted something NOW!. This has nothing to do with brexit, nor the government but our own inability to long term our spending. Most will be okay, some will struggle but as with all recessions (not that your prediction has a date or anything more than that the usual grim reaper approach you offer) as with all recessions, it will go back up, it's what humans do.

Politics has always corrupted, this does not mean every politician is corrupt.

12. I do hope you’re right

13. wavered a bit, simply because if its implementation rather than the impacts I still suspect will happen

#16593 bradders, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. 4B6D1B97-3BDE-48D3-A2CD-6C5F726DD1FF.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. 300 pages. Who'd have thought. Not one person has changed their positionn since page one.

Time to close this and all related threads @El Toro :thinkingface:

#16595 Robarano, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Was a leave voter and now even more so now, given the behaviour of the EU and the UK political establishment over the last 2.5 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I probably have. But only because I’m sick of all the fucking moaning and being accused of being some thick fuck of a racist because I consider countries should run themselves and have controls over immigration to mean we can open to all, or none, or some and no one else can tell us we can or can’t. So not changed my mind but would have voted differently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. I’ve thought that since about page 10, but if I closed it I’d be branded a nazi.

Plus it’s been fun watching all the hand wringing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Nazi :D

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information