1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. They're taking the piss, rather than adding it.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. So buying a diesel car with 'AdBlue' technology coerces you into dealer sponsored 'inspections'? I'll be avoiding that nonsense - haven't paid a garage (dealer or independent) for an 'inspection' or service since 1987 as I recall :)

3. That is a truly horrendous state of affairs.

Given that we are dealing with meticulous Germans here, I wouldn't be surprised to find all the agreements neatly documented and stored in VAG/BMW/MB archives.

4. Where the fines are big, the states, they will settle up quick knowing they impose even bigger fines for delaying. Within the vehicle that is built for the German economy, the eu, this could drag on for decades then dissapear.

5. in a pedophile ring kinda styli?

6. Well they've certainly been given enough leniency and time to ensure any documents that did exist, now don't.

I personally don't have a vendetta against the German automotive manufacturers, but it's a very good example of the EU turning a blind eye, or doing the bare minimum when it's Germany involved.

In truth they're very quick to slap down fines to other countries companies, and fast track legal proceedings against them.

The EU commission puts itself up on high with the implementation of heavy regulations in regards to climate and environmental issue's as though they're the shining beacon of hope and truth, yet the reality of what the German car cartel have been doing goes against all of that from an environmental point.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Adblue is a bloody nightmare.Or to be more specific,the technology and equipment required to inject it into the exhaust is a bloody nightmare.
    It has to be pre-heated,pumped,injected only when and in the amounts that the ECU specifies,etc,etc...and the damn stuff solidifies inside the,(vehicle specific,naturally),equipment if it goes pear-shaped rendering the,(non-serviceable but very expensive),pump etc completely useless.
    And to make matters worse,some manufacturers code the Adblue tackle to the ECU so one cannot just fit a replacement,it has to be taken to the dealer for programming.
    The usual "sledgehammer to crack a nut" approach so beloved of bureaucracy who have no concept of having to pay for the shit.

8. That'll be the German manufacturers sir..... buy old petrol Jap cars I say - I never trusted BMW and the others in the 80's who had 'special' service indicator lights which could only be turned off by a dealer. License to print money was my thought. I also dislike all the motoring hacks who say 'always insist on full dealer service history' I wonder who sponsors those comments? Rant over

9. Been through that process once already.

10. the tool to reset it costed a tenner, they all had different plugs and programs until?

11. I remember being quoted £50 + VAT to turn off an engine management warning light!! E bay was then my savior - there are many bad people out there...

12. yip, same all over, tho i don't charge for the use of my diagnostic tools.
    the diag plugs all went the same with the same basic engine EOBD programs around 2000

• Like Like x 1
  13. In another politically motivated put-down, the EU (and IMF singing the same tune under Christine Legarde) again predict low growth for UK economy. They've done this consistently since the Brexit vote and then have to quietly revise back up. I just wish there was an historic table showing how poor these predictions turn out!

The UK will sink to the bottom of the European economic growth league next year to join Italy as the slowest-growing economy in the EU, before falling further the year after to anchor the table alone, according to European commission forecasts.
    The EU’s gloomy predictions are based on a soft Brexit – meaning Britain is expected to lag behind all its EU peers even if Theresa May can reach a deal with Brussels before 29 March.
    The commission forecast that consumer spending growth will remain weak, continuing a subpar performance since the EU referendum in June 2016. It said business investment would remain subdued, while external demand for UK goods will dwindle. The commission predicted the result would be GDP growth of 1.2% in 2019 and 2020.

14. I should have mentioned that I was referring to heavy commercials with regard to Adblue.
    They said consumption should not exceed 4-5% of the amount of fuel used,but it is actually all over the place.
    As for Dealer history,don't get me started.
    In my world there is a rip-off known as,"repair & maintenance contracts": some manufacturers include a 2 or 3 year contract in the new price.
    Some makers won't let the purchaser refuse it,others say they'll knock it off the purchase price,(not the hideous amount they charge if you buy R & M separately,but a bit of discount).
    It's a scam,because R & M on a brand new truck means their workshops are charging a fortune but carrying out the bare minimum to get it through the warranty period.
    I once went to collect one of mine from an MAN dealer and found the dashboard in bits-the fitter admitted that they had robbed my truck of an electrical part so they could get a big operators truck,(on R & M),out of the door within the contract-specified time,as the part hadn't arrived.
    To say I was not best pleased was an understatement,and I have avoided the MAN dealer network like the plague ever since.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. EOBD II reader £50 from t'internet solves the problem, bet it's only £20 now ha ha, I must be getting old and grumpy - and why not....

16. It's funny how history has a habit of repeating itself:thinkingface: index.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. over 2grand for mine plus another 600 odd in updates every year. one machine does all, in the past they all had their own plugs and programs. corporations love to monopolize, 500,000,000 million people said, enough already.
    being charged a flat rate just for plugging in is the most common reason for customers kicking of in reception, only for the service manager to say, hmm, not sure, we have to try this first at a cost of $$$$$.
    its thee reason i dont charge for the use of it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I do remember when the intial brexit campaigns started and and the majority of the leave side said, they are planning a united states of europe army, which was worrying and we were told your just being little Englanders and xenphobes

Macron as well as Junkers it seems, agrees with the brexiteers, they are after a eu army

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...port-macrons-proposed-european-defence-force/

19. maybe we should pull out of the UN's peace keeping force too.
    The Telegraph also reported that the UK Government was considering granting EU fishing fleets wide-ranging access to UK fishing waters in return for a UK-wide Brexit deal.
    The report has not been denied by May or her ministers including arch-Brexiteer Michael Gove, UK Environment Secretary who has promised to take back control of UK fisheries.

20. The Fourth Reich comes to mind:thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information