1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Clearly the deal was written by the EU all along...

2. It doesn't mean anything at all, that's why ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The eu, who never signed the GFA are telling us that we need to abide by the gfa and we are telling them we are

What they mean is, the agreement they never signed themselves or are listed as being part of , is being used by them to try and block brexit.

We are telling them we will not put up a hard border, they keep running around in circles saying nien nien nien, them crazy europeans, who knows what they want.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. How is the EU using the GFA to block Brexit?

How specifically is it doing that?

What action has it taken to do that?

What policies exist that set this out?

Why wasn’t it published in the EU’s negotiating strategy? ( “we will use the GFA to try and block Brexit”)

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've answered this so many times, the answers are there even in our last few pages, perhaps the answer may even be in your books as you have trouble with the answers on the screen :D

Something to dwell on for those who want a second referendum. There is insufficient time for one and the only way we could have one, is if the eu agree to extend article 50 from March. You can't even have a second referendum unless the eu allows it :joy:

6. save it noob. once you started delving in to certain subjects it became v,clear to me that you use abbott and costello math

#18826 finm, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. Boiling down everything you have said, are you saying that regardless of the deal U.K. can NEVER leave because of how the GFA is written and was implemented?

Yes or no please. Some of us struggle with long rambling answers

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yes it can, but No, the UK Gov lack the skills required.

9. Fin, we both know Diane was the snp's advisor on the indi 2 document, tut

10. yip, you got indi in, cool. no greivence tho?, disapppointed now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nope, never disappointed fin, always happy :D

12. I don’t think it can at the moment.It can’t leave on the current withdrawal agreement as far as I see it. It appears to me it requires constitutional change in NI or a deal for regulatory alignment up front.

But as I’ve said. I don’t know. How could I. It seems nearly impossible to me.

What I do think is that the unilateral withdrawal of article 50 (if possible) could well be the required lifeline at the moment to serve as respite.

13. It seems to me the one thing perhaps that is helpful is that Northern Ireland voted to stay in the EU. It is the DUP that campaigned to leave.

Might NI find it attractive to stay in the EU and have a border “in the Irish Sea”.

All pie in the sky stuff but stranger things have happened.

I was shocked that the government had not shared its legal advice with the DUP prior to this week.

14. The legal advice I feel was more Mays determination for standards to be maintained.

The disclosing of legal advice has rarely been shared, let alone in the middle of a live event. Starmer knows this having been the head of the Director of Public Prosecutions and still in practice as a pay per advice role to Simons Muirhead & Burton.

In the event, the nail in the coffin the governments opportunist opposition were looking for, never was there and the attorney General was in fact quite open previously

15. Surely withdrawing article 50 would mean the government is not doing what was voted for at the referendum ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The legal advice I feel was more Mays determination for standards to be maintained.
    no it wasnt, it was an atempt at double standards, at best.
    was there not a similar accusation made about the discosure of leagal advise along with a succesfull smear campaign made against a leading politician just a few short years ago?, tho the clearing of the alegations where not quite so prominant when it came to light.

17. Don't know fin, you really haven't disclosed anything to comment on?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Which is why I said respite. I’ve not looked in a while but If memory serves the 2 year period cannot be extended?

Or at least I can’t see why it couldn’t be extended if all member parties agree?

The advantage of withdrawing the notice from now is that that wouldn’t give the other member states any say in the amount of time UK government needed to sort itself out and what it wanted prior to having another go at giving notice under article 50.

I think leaving the EU is an utter shit shop but it seems to me withdrawal of article 50 and a regroup to give notice again once the government has sorted itself is the best option.

I also think that the negotiation with the EU need to be cross party.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information