1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Indy: What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Loz, May 23, 2015.

?
  1. Full Brexit with "no EU deal" on the 29th March.

2. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a general election and new negotiations.

3. Request Extension to article 50 to allow cross party talks and a new deal to be put to EU.

4. Request Extension to article 50 to allow a second referendum on 1. Remain in EU or 2. Full Brexit.

5. Table a motion in parliament to Remain in EU WITHOUT a referendum.

6. I don't know or I don't care anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The problem with extending article 50, it would push the trade deal further down the road and possibly we would be having a general election before the trade deal was completed.
    Can't see that being very good at all.

2. I think the government don’t want it to happen. Full stop.
    Perhaps my fault for not digging but the other parties don’t seem to be saying anything, certainly nothing that helps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. The two year time period can be extended as long as both parties agree, which is why I pointed out the irony, like the backstop and future trade deals, we can't even extend article 50 without the eu telling us we can

4. Exactly, so unilaterally withdraw takeaway the other member states ability to rule on the timescale to have another, proper , considered, thought out go as opposed to David Cameron’s gamble.

5. The other parties are saying something. And it’s the government isn’t listening.

Whenever the Labour Party or the SNP ever speaks out the right wing press Hammers and discredits it. Regardless of the validity of what is said.

If I was the Labour government I would take the view at the moment “this is the Conservative party ‘s shit show. The Conservative party can sort it out“

6. I don't think you can.

For Brexit to be accurate and meet the wish of the majority then the vote was very clear, leave.

It only seems to be the reaminers who have foggied the waters to try and stop brexit by creating 99 versions but the truth ain't one. For brexit to be brexit and return the U.K. to truly being an independent third country just like the 167 other non eu countries then wto/free trade is the only option that meets the vote.

as to labour and the snp, both are doing their job and opportunism is part of that

snp like a scratched record of independence and anyone but the english and labour with another general election

7. Just pointing out the obvious - the EU will always allow a second (and a third) referendum, if the previous result(s) was "wrong".

This has already been shown to be the case.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Dutch, France, Ireland

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The only alternative I can see is NI remaining in the customs union and we all know how that idea goes down with unionists

10. Sorry I mean withdraw article 50, get its act together and then have another go at Article 50, not another go at a referendum (unless that’s required).

11. Yes. In hope that NI voting to stay in the EU as it did (and might again in a vote??) carries some weight of public opinion.

12. they dont allow anything re elections, that has nothing to do with them. what do you get out of missrepresting the powers of the EU?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I would have thought any other party should be thinking ‘this is our chance - give the people what they voted for and move on ‘
    The little I’ve heard / seen the other parties seem to saying ‘we will stop brexit’.
    Their no better then, not doing what was asked

14. or others that are placed at an econimic dissadvantage by it

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. And the snp, they quite rightly will demand if different parts of the U.K. are being given different deals then they want one. We could give them another indi vote, best of 3 but having lost 2 I don't rate their chances :D

One of the biggest worries as some have said is a second vote and after brexit. One of the big issues what that the eu was not listening and it IS moving almost to a cult group in that people are being treated like sheep and we should adopt the guardian/remainer perspective of "you lot are too stupid, best you leave the hard choices to us university educated people" so we sought to bring that more to a country specific nation government.

Now, if a second vote or no brexit is used, what the politicians of our country will have done is to say, the only time we respect a peoples democratic majority vote, is when you give us our jobs.

16. What it voted for at the moment, as matters appear right now, seems impossible.

So the other parties couldn’t do that.

17. Best way I can say what I think.......

403453B4.1.png

18. On then basis of what this fella says, its worthless anyway as without advance constitutional change then Article 50 cant be issued as UK cant leave EU

19. Isn’t it more that we have to agree? IE Eu cant tell us, and we cant tell them

Do Not Sell My Personal Information