1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone T31s

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Speedy23, Mar 10, 2021.

1. ....anybody use them on an 900 SSie?
    Opinions?
    Or suggestions?
    I've used them on my FJR1300 to great effect - but would they suit my new bike?

(PS - this isn't a wind-up!)

Thank you.

S23

2. It’s a good touring tyre. Shouldn’t give you any grief tbh.

what kind of riding do you do?

3. Kind of spirited "A" road riding, if that makes sense....always take the "A"s and "B"s rather than dual carriageways or motorways. I like using the edges of my tyres....

4. S22’s?

I would have thought s22’s would be absolutely ideal for you mate

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thanx I will check 'em out.

6. You’re very welcome. Probs more suitable for your usage in my opinion

7. Had a quick blimp...these look amazing. Probably over-specced for the bike, given what it is, but they seem to get really good reviews.

Bit of a change from the last time I had an Italian bike, then it was a choice of Phantoms or..
    Phantoms. At the time, a few brave souls admitted to trying Metzlers but they were frowned upon from a great height. That was in the days of ribbed fronts, btw....:astonished:

• Like Like x 1

8. They are understood to be THE do it all tyre!

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. Not massively pricey either considering.

give Bob at fwr a bell, he’s usually the cheapest for anything bridgestone

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. you might enjoy this

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Im on my second set of S22's on my 1299. Cant fault them. A do it all tyre. Fast warm up, great feedback and longevity. I would recommend them all day long for any conditions, up to fast group on a track day then I would consider Pirelli Supercorsa's

• Like Like x 1
  11. THAT.....was one of the most useful videos I've seen for a long time. Thank you. In fact, it should be a "Sticky" in this section. Nice one. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1

12. Gary is a good, straight talking guy isn’t he :)

13. I love S22s....they smell divine :joy:!
    71FC04F0-03B8-44E9-8AAA-50A290E9E356.jpeg

I bought a new Ninja 1000SX last year for touring duties and it came on S22s....fantastic tyre!
    Put it like this,...my 899 now has a set of them on and they suit the bike perfectly.

As you say, Gary from Bridgestone talks a lot of sense,...apart from one bit, 5,000 miles out of a rear S22 ?
    I don’t think so:thinkingface:?...the one on the back of my Ninja did 2,300 miles and 600 of those were pretty steady running in miles, if I have one criticism of this tyre it’s that they don’t hold their shape very well, the rear tyre had gone a bit “ threppennybit” shaped and the shoulders of the front one had worn pretty badly and made the tyre triangular so you could feel the front dropping in a bit ....However....all the above applies to the big heavy lump of the Ninja and the way I was stuffing it into corners thinking I was still on the Ducati :joy::joy:!!
    I’ve since moved the Ninja onto Michelin PR 5s and I think they are better suited to such a heavy bike, rear has done 3,000 miles now, still has a nice round profile and it looks good for another 1,500 - 2,000 miles at a guess?
    On a lighter bike like my 899 or your 900SS the S22s will be heavenly, my favourite tyre for the Ducati now just need to replace the front one before I get the bike out this year :upyeah:

14. Thanks again for the advice.....I've got to say that those BridgestoneT31s on the FJR are really good...you can get rid of your chicken strips...just needs a bit of commitment! The only problem with the FJR is that it's really heavy on front tyres...one of the only bikes I've ever had that will wear the front out before the rear and it is really twitchy if you let the front get worn down. But we're not here to talk about Yammies.....so, looking forward to putting a pair of these S22s on the 900 and seeing what they are like!

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information