1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Bridgestone V02 On A 899

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by carson, May 9, 2018.

1. hi Guys,

Thinking about trying a different tyre on the 899 for track from the Supercorsas and have decided to try the Bridgestone V02 slicks which are getting good reviews.

Any of you guys using them on the 899 and if so what size rear are you using? I can’t seem to find a 180 rear in the V02 anywhere.

2. The shape of the slicks have been changing over the last 12 to 24 months and I have noticed many of the smaller profile rear tyres have not followed through when the compounds have been updated. Sadly 180 and 190 profiles are becoming a thing of the past in some maufacturer’s ranges. I’m short of skill for slicks but it’s the same trend for the treaded track tyres. Andy

3. Will a 200 be ok on the 899?

4. Stock 899 rear wheel is 5.5” wide so no, a 190 would be your biggest and that would be tight, 6” rim would be better. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The vo2 is a great tyre!

I used a few sets last year on my GSXR750 K7 track-bike which has a 5.5'' rear wheel without a problem with the 200. And because its a tall profile, the bike falls into corners lovely. I personally preferred the medium to a soft front as gives more feedback/feel. The mediums did about 4 track-days without any fall-off in performance too, just noticed the makers had gone!

Andy #65

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I cannot, after a quick internet search, locate the size information quoted in that link. From previous conversations I have had on the subject, my understanding was that putting a 200/65 profile tyre on a 6” wide rim will stress the tyre bead. However tyre dimensions vary from manufacturer to manufacturer so the Bridgestone V02 that could be the exception that proves the rule. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Speak with Bob at FWR, he'll confirm

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Few folk on Facebook page trackday addicts saying that they’ve used the 200 section in place of a 180. Not seen a reply from Bob yet but might email FWR direct.

9. Specs for Bridgestone:
    https://www.bridgestone.com/products/motorcycle_tires/products/racingbattlax/index.html

Specs for Pirelli:
    https://www.pirelli.com/asset/index.php?idelement=57987

It says on the Bridgestone web site that you can use the 200 on a 5.5 rim.
    Pirelli width specs seem to differ from 190 to 196 mm depending on the year of the brochure.

I've been asking around if anyone has used the 200/655 on a 899, haven't got a straight answer yet from anyone yet but I'm pretty confident that it will be ok. I'm going for it as well later in the summer. I'll report back when I do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Heard great things about vo2’s

11. Ok, I got the tires. I measured circumference and width, both tires on rim, my rear rim is 5.5. Haven't ridden them yet but here are the measurements.

Pirelli Supercorsa V2 SP 120/70 and 180/60
    Front: Circumference: 1900 mm , Diameter: 605 mm , Width: 116 mm
    Rear: C: 2057 mm, D: 655 mm, W: 188 mm

Bridgestone Battlax V02 120/600 and 200/655
    Front: C: 1895 mm , D: 603 mm , W: 116 mm
    Rear: C: 2060 mm, D: 656 mm, W: 187 mm

So the Bridgestones are almost the same size, no clearance issues. Will report back when I get to ride them.

#15 JiiBee, Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Just ordered a set of these

13. What compound did you guys go for?

14. I'm using medium front soft rear. Just having my second set fitted at Cornerspeed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. They dont do 180 they come in 160 and 200 rear i run them on my zx10 and 1299 very good tyre but only used soft front and rear been told the M have same grip as the soft just harder side walls for braking guna give the M a try when thes softs have worn out very good tyres

Do Not Sell My Personal Information