1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Britain On Painkillers - The Silent Epidemic 7.30/tonight On Itv.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chris, Sep 20, 2018.

1. You can watch on catch-up or ITV Player, a lot of home-truths revealed already/well worth a watch.

2. Valium £1.50 a pop... got shit loads offa my bro....
    sorry @El Toro do i need to be a trader to advertise on here?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Been on pain killers for about 15 years now. I am not one to complain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Been on pain killers for 18 months with the help of palliative care though I have weaned down from my original dose and enough to keep my pain at bay
    Bone pain isn’t fun

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Always rude :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Palliative care isn’t just end of life care (there’s plenty of life in me yet ) they also control pain where chemo isn’t helping I came to painkillers due to the tumour that fractured my spine andnow I’m on a lower dose that has stopped the bone pain I was experiencing before being diagnosed with Myeloma

• Love You Love You x 2
  7. I use naproxen, had a bad back for years (not all the time mind you), spent loads of time with physios who always had some sort of advice, none of it worked. Ive kinda forumulated my own kind of exercise regime to combat it. Ive got boxes of them, but, and its a big one, like ducbird, ive weaned myself off of them and only take them when i really need them. Just for reference i take them on average about twice a month now. If you take too many (the max is 2 per day) then they eventually become useless.

8. We are all thinking of you Viv, I know that is not much help but it’s the best I’ve got.
    Re: effects if taken regularly:- You are so right comfy, I have been telling Doctors this for over five years. I knew it was the truth for far far longer but only plucked up the courage to start telling them recently and that’s why I’m relieved that this program was aired stating exactly the same. I’ve spent a long time being my own doctor and understanding how muscle spasm affects me as this is the main cause of the pain (only speaking for me).

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information