1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brittany Ferries

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Char, Jul 8, 2019.

1. as some of you know Brittany ferries have had to juggle sailings since March due to Brexit & boat issues

We are booked to Santander in October & they have moved the Pont Aven Tuesday sailing to leave from Plymouth - it’s not a huge difference for us and the are giving out a £40 per bike fuel allowance

They will do their best to get you on a different sailing but bike space often limited

Just if you’ve booked ahead might be worth checking your booking sooner rather than later

They are letting people know but not always too far in advance !

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Came back from France with then yesterday.
    Not my favourite ferry company.
    In May I rode 10 hours up to catch an overnight from Cherbourg. Got there to find a text on my phone to say that the sailing was cancelled. Was told that I could find and pay for a hotel or race to Caen to catch another ferry that went to Portsmouth instead of Poole.
    They were happy to refund that cost of fuel, but that was no compensation for a cold hours extra ride at breakneck speed, nor did it help the biker that would be waiting for me at Poole the next day.
    Why would brexit make them cancel a sailing? It has not happened yet.

• Agree Agree x 1

3. Government & freight disturbed french crossings

Engine issues / speed affected spanish ones on pont aven as I understand

Plenty of info on google if you’re bothered

Do Not Sell My Personal Information