1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Carbon Dymag Post

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cookster, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Hi guys who posted the broken carbon dymag up the other month?? I can't seem to find it.

2. @airduck ?

3. Yeah I posted my snapped front BST in the trackdays pic thread

4. @cookster, a few years ago, my ZZR BST carbon front, developed a hairline crack, we only found out cause of tyre pressure loss. I have no idea what caused it, and I have heard conflicting stories of BST sometimes helping, and sometimes washing their hands of it claiming impact damage, in my case, I was one of the lucky ones and they replaced the wheel.

5. @Wayne58 I'm tempted by the dymag carbons or the forged alloy really can't make my mind up. Defo not going to touch bst wheels.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Had some dymag forged on an a bit of a tricked up R1, no issues at all. :upyeah:

P1020742.JPG P1020790.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  7. How about Rotobox Boost or RBX2? Not as nice as BST or Dymag but apparently they have 0 failures so far. Although they sell a lot less compared to BST or Dymag.
    Ring Mike at Veloxracing(you must know him from the R1 forum) he might be able to do a good deal on Rotobox.
    I was at FTR Racing this week, they have couple of moto2 bikes there...I picked up a proper race wheel...blimey light as a feather.

#8 alexko, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Wow! Make bst look cheap!

9. Can the thread title be edited ?
    Anyone skimming through the index without actually looking at the thread would be unaware that it was a BST wheel that failed and Dymag would get an undeserved bad reputation.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Can the thread title be edited ?
    Anyone skimming through the index without actually looking at the thread would be unaware that it was a BST wheel that failed and Dymag would get an undeserved bad reputation.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Not really, as the OP is asking who had the broken Dymag post recently.

12. Maybe he's right I thought it was a dymag but I've been corrected it was a bst. It didn't really matter as I bought a set of oz gass wheels to day at the bike show :upyeah:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I take it you sent the missus off to get a drink at that point ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. She's was sorting the baby out so I ran back quick and paid for um. (All under works name and address) she'll never know!! :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Yes, and the response seems to be "there wasn't one, it was a BST".

If I had viewed the index but not bothered to look at the thread I would have been left with the mistaken notion that Dymag wheels had a history of failure .. and probably steered clear of them.
    I may even have passed the info on in the future.
    I only read the detail of the thread at all because I already have a pair of Dymag carbons and was therefore interested in exactly how/why they had failed.
    But it seems they didn't.
    Therefore the thread title is misleading and could jeopardise Dymag's sales.
    No skin off my nose but it seems unfair.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  16. So you think people contemplating spending that much money on wheels are dumb enough to change their mind on a thread title alone, without reading further having seen Dymag in the title? Yes, I can see endless Dymag wheel sales being lost now..... Get real mate!! :cool:

17. I don't think that the high cost makes much difference.
    The choice is between two very similar products which both cost about the same.
    Lets say I was considering buying carbon wheels and was having difficulty choosing between these two products which have very similar tech specs.
    If then a mate said "I read a report somewhere of Dymag wheels breaking", in the absence of anything else to inform my choice, I might plump for the BSTs just to be on the safe side.
    Chinese whispers, mate.
    Like the ones that still say Ducatis have poor electrics.

I agree with your (sarcastically exaggerated) implication that this is not going to cause "endless Dymag wheel sales to be lost", but it may affect one or two .. which is plenty when its unfounded.
    Its easy enough to avoid the possibility, however small, by simply altering the thread title ... so why not ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  18. OK, I'm guessing now you work for Dymag right?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information