1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brutale

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by jamesgarnor, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Half considering a Brutale 800, has any one ridden one or have MV experience?

Thanks....

• Like Like x 1
  2. I don't think @Char is around but she had one?

3. She presently has an MV Dragster 800 and absolutely loves it.

4. Sorry wrong bike I heard her once or twice say how much she loved it! o_O

5. It has a small riding position, you really need to sit on one to look at knee bend before considering going further into a purchase. Andy

6. Same engine though (I think?).

7. Had a MV Turismo, same engine but mini Multistrada in concept. Engine was lovely, handling was great, far more precise than the heavier Mutley. Was a great solo machine but let down by poor electrics (who'd have thought that of an Italian bike... :rolleyes: ). Only started to fail me after 18,000 miles over a couple of years, I didn't fit the MV owner demographic...

The guys I used for servicing, MotoCorsa, leant me a Brutale for the day on one occasion. Similar but with more knife edge handling and, by comparison, the feeling that you were whistling along without a bike at all. Forward riding position and low/minimalist clocks. Great fun and at one time was considering one as a 2nd machine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. I had one from new. A 2014 model. Had it four years and did about 10k miles on it. Never had a single issue with it. Some people had 4 or 5 sprag clutches under warranty. Mine was still on the original. Also a couple had clutch basket issues. The seat is hard, but a great riding position and a lively character full bike. I loved it. I would have had the new RC, but it was 17k and not any real difference from my old model apart from the paint.I traded it in for a 765RS street triple . Before the 800 I had a new 2011 brutale 920, did 12k miles on that and also 100% reliable, hard seat etc . It was a physically bigger bike, and the 800 suited me more .

FB_IMG_1603434056565.jpg

FB_IMG_1602406165536.jpg

#8 doggy, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I havent had a chance to ride the 800 but I've had this thing since March and have to say the MV experience has been great so far. I'm sorry I waited so long to get an MV. Brutal.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  10. Had a dragster 800, was fun but I hated the controls and the fact it had no steering damper, not secure when riding hard.
    Engine was awesome though, absolutely flew.
    255D3C9D-A379-4861-9432-FF517942CE8D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information