1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bsb Decider Brands *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by bradders, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Well, bridewell did all he could and a close 2nd. Alas I fear Taz will win the title. Not a fan, for my taste he is over the line between hard racing and dirty/dangerous, but no doubting his excellent ride today. Great to see iddon holding on to 3rd.

Bridewell on pole tomorrow, let’s see what the weather brings and what he can manage….think they need Taz to have a different to pry that one hand he has in the title….. #2017Haslam

2. I think Taz has had a couple of moments which have been a little ambitious tbf but I’m a total huge fan and desperate for him to win it! Winning today was good because Ohallaran made a statement that he had won 11 races to taz’s 3 a while ago and now Taz has one 8! It’s a strong second Half of the season. Tomorrow might see different winners especially if the weather plays a part

3. I’ll be about tomorrow if anyone’s around

4. Was there today, will be there tomorrow. The weather was not as forecast and by 4pm, it was bloody cold. Leaving the car park at the end of the day was a shambles, worse even than Silverstone. That said, all the racing was great. I think it is Taz’s to lose but my hope is for Tommy to be top Ducati. Andy

• Like Like x 2

5. I’ll be wandering about mate somewhere

6. We're in the stand at Paddock and unlikely to be wandering far from the Kentigan :joy: Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Bit of an anti climax, but Bridewell gave all he could. Bit of sour grapes in his race 2 interview tho ;)

Ohalloran must be mega pissed

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. yeah I thought a bit of a cheap shot from
    Tommy, they spend a lot but they have 2 riders so their team will literally be twice the size!

9. Not going to excuse his interview but with Tommy, you always get what he’s thinking in that instant. In the fullness of time hopefully he will be a little bit more gracious. 2nd is a phenomenal achievement for an small independent team. Probably one of the best Brands day we’ve seen in 12 years although IMO, the TriOptions Cup should have been red flagged after the first 4 or 5 riders fell off at Paddock. The final accident should never have been allowed to happen. Heard no news on the condition of the rider but hope he is not badly hurt. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tbh Andy I watched the first race (today) on catch up and turned it off after that. All the drama was gone

Taz pushed as hard or harder than anyone and showed he has an experienced head in him. As previously said, not a fan of his, and I wonder what next year brings. Wsbk?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yep.

Everyone knows how the showdown works. It is what it is.

Bridewell kept Taz honest today

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Plenty of drama between the smiling assassin and Tommy in both races today. Not sure where TM would go in WSBK, not sure he has the funding or the experience and he’s not going to unseat Toprak or Loccatelli and the Yamaha satellite rides are pitiful. I’d like to see TM stay and defend his title. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1

13. Rumours are that haslam is back in bsb next year as well

14. I was there today - I bailed during race 2 but wished I'd stayed - seeing as championship was done I thought I'd miss the traffic.

Saw loads of riders out and about, and said hi to McPint and Walker.

I even asked Paul Hollywood for one of his famous handshakes, but he declined :D:D

Disappointed for Tommy, but he can't be smarting as much as O'Halloran.

Emotional weekend for Niall, with Tax winning and Taylor retiring.

I saw Sykes as well, and pretty much had it confirmed on the old rumour mill that he'll be in BSB next year, plus a rumoured return for Jake Dixon and PBM leaving the paddock........:astonished:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Busy day for you there Jimmy

16. The rumour seems to be that Taz is going to WSBK with Goleven who are switching to Yamaha. They’ve mentioned it on both world and British commentary.

there’s lots of riders for not many seats next year in BSB. Josh brookes looking for a job I’m sure, especially if the rumours are true that Tom Sykes and Ryan Vickers are on Paul bird Ducati’s next year

17. I did some walking mate - pretty much covered the entire GP course. My step count says 5 miles!

Had a few friends over there and one or two connected to the paddock, so we'll see how the rumours pan out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. It'll be interesting for sure next season.

Felt bad for Mason Law - he's a good lad but it looks as though his tarmac-based racing days might be over,

19. Are Christian Iddon and Danny Buchan ok after their accident my sky box stopped recording before the end of the race for some reason

20. As did mine...but I think there were some delays due to a red flag in one of the support races, anyway, the end of the BSB race was on the start of the following WSBK prog, and both Iddon and Buchan were on their feet, although Iddon was rather unsteady and commentators thought he had quite a bang on his head.

WSBK was worth watching though!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information