1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Bsd Remap ?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by yellowducmaniac, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Thinking of booking my 1198S in with these guys in Peterborough for a remap in an effort to sort out my warm start issues, Bike always starts on the button from cold but after stopping for fuel about 5 miles down the road i sometimes have problems restarting the bike ,on one occasion having to leave it for 10 mins before re-trying ,and a successful start.
    The bike had a full Desmo service and fuel setup in November and does run smoother and doesnt seem to stall at traffic lights like it did before, but it does still have the problem described above, i've been advised to get it remapped at BSD, has anyone had similar issues and if so what the F@ck did you do to get it sorted ,its threatening to spoil my relationship with an Italian beauty!

#1 yellowducmaniac, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  2. @andyb has had good results from them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I had similar problems with an 1198 after buying one, the trader who I bought it from booked it in with ducati Stoke who insisted it was the battery, despite me telling them i was sure it was more than that. Anyway, they fitted a new battery and said it was all sorted. It wasn't, it was just the same if not worse. The trader said take it back, but I told him I was not going to keep taking it there and back all the time so asked for my money back

4. a lot of this is ducati ownership big twin cylinders sucking in a lot of fuel, poor std map over-fuelling, coupled with you not getting it up to running temp. The fuel kills it and it won't start.
    get it mapped by somewhere reputable like BSD you won't look back.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BSD remapped mine, up 10 hp & a big increase in torque too.
    As for hot starting Mark at BSD told me to open the throttle fully (with the ignition off) for 5 - 10 seconds, this opens the throttle flaps, allowing the warm air to rise & let cooler air replace it, starts every time ;-)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BSD have a great reputation and did my old 748. A pal with a Panigale 959 had hers completely remapped by BSD and they did a great job of matching the fuelling to a Racefit system and she's delighted with the end result. It was the first or second one BSD had done and there were some sensor shenanigans, so the chap at BSD gave her and her husband a ride back home so they could leave the bike to get fully sorted as he didn't want her riding a wonky bike. I like that attitude, and I've had good experience myself and heard good things from others. They seem to have a well-earned good reputation.

7. I'm local to them and they have sorted two bikes for me , not remapps but have always be great , they've done a few remapps for friends and as always they do a great service but nice people to.

8. Make sure your tank breather jets on the right side of the tank aren't blocked. Mine were solid with aluminium oxide and causing a vacuum in the tank after it had been running a while.

9. Had several bikes remapped by Mark at BSD over the years, including my track 1198SP always pleased with the results, although never had the issues you describe.

10. I had my 1198 remapped with full 70mm system termi slashcut on by bsd last weekend they also changed my belts at the same time they got 175 bhp and smoothed throttle response out turned of all emissions and top speed limiter off fantastic results great guys I can’t fault them

image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. 9

Sounds exactly what my 1198s needs, how long did it take them and what sort of costs are we talking?

12. It cost me £350 and takes about 3 hours mate if you want it done on Saturday you have to book well in advance

0629B12B-7DB6-43C1-B0BD-B2F3F1E41D09.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hi - did youever get BSD to remap your 1198? Did it fix the issues?

14. Havent got round to it yet, hopefully I'll get it done before weather turns shit.

15. OK, thanks.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information