1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Bst "the Beautiful Wheel"

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Topolino, Dec 14, 2017.

1. they need to .. the standard ducati wheels are butt ugly

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  2. new ones look worse. :mad:

3. I think they look awesome , I’d love a set for my 998

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yup.

5. Hang on. So you're saying these wheels are 'butt ugly'?? I can assure you you're completely wrong. I've got a set of these on my bike and they look frightfully groovy let me tell you. Bet you think Ferrari's look shite too....

• Like Like x 1
  6. You said ‘groovy’.

This invalidates your opinion on how anything looks or has looked after 1979.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. looks a lot better than the older model, only my opinion etc

any news on pricing yet?

8. Most Fezza's do look shite though !!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I went for dymag.. didn't like the squareness of the old bsts.
    This bloke thinks the dymags are good too..who ever he is

[​IMG]
    I hear he's just about to start racing a 1299 in OZ land again

• Like Like x 1
  10. Look like 1199 base wheels.

[​IMG]

11. Yes he loves them, this is not in any way an advert that he was paid big bucks for.....Just sayin :D

(PS, "who ever he is ?? Yet you say he is about to start racing ? Make ya mind up, you know him or not ?? o_O)

12. Who is it? And he needs to learn to get the old knee down before he thinks about racing. Look at those sliders.... Oh dear.

Still prefer the look of the BST's btw.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hmm, must be the ones I haven't seen....

14. I broke a BST carbon wheel, so had a look at the Dymags
    The Dymag wheels are miles better built in my opinion, but not sure I'd trust a carbon wheel again anyway

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  15. You'll be fine. As long as you don't go smacking them up kerbs. Wheels bust all the time. Give any wheel a good whack and it'll bust. BST's are no different. There's just a big song and dance when it's a sexy wheel.

16. Mine (2016 BST rear) cracked all around the rim
    I checked the dymag wheels after, and they’re way better built around the same area, and markedly thicker
    The problem with all carbo wheels, and structural carbon parts in general, is you can’t always see the damage, and when it fails, it generally fails massively
    I couldn’t go back to a carbon wheel since, and an OZ piega R is almost as light, and not carbon

Do Not Sell My Personal Information