1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bst Wheel Scratch

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by GaryO, Aug 15, 2016.

1. As you can see I have managed to scratch my rear wheel. Any ideas on how to get rid of it whether its by my own hand or a recommended company ?

DSC01343.JPG

DSC01344.JPG

2. That looks like its only the lacquer layer

Try wiping it over with a drop of a clear, light oil, olive oil for example, that should make it invisible instantly

Obviously that's just hiding it, though.

There will doubtless be ways to spend hundreds of pounds, or many hours, but I can't help you there

Good luck

• Like Like x 2
  3. If its not too deep re lacquer with a fine paint brush just in the scratch If you can getting a small amount on one pack lacquer from a body shop or even clear nail varnish will do the trick

• Like Like x 1
  4. There's a 'How to remove scratches from Carbon Fibre' section in today's MCN - de-grease, wipe with white spirit, followed by rubbing horizontally (?) with 240 grit and lots of water, wipe with white spirit, followed by 1000 grit and plenty of water, wipe with white spirit, dry, then clean spotlessly with tack cloth and finish with 3 coats of clear lacquer aerosol

5. Fill the scratch in with lacquer, allow to dry and harden 48hrs and then cut it back with G3 (you can buy it from your local car paint factors) i had some scratches on the bst wheels i brought and this is how I sorted em and now there like new. I used 3m finesse to polish up.

6. Before adding new lacquer wouldn't you want to try buffing it out first just like car detailers do? If you have a porter cable 7424 or similar machine id try some polish first to even out the scratch. It will leave the surface still shiny and you won't have to worry about applying too much lacquer or being messy/mis matching. Plenty of videos on YouTube, check out ammo nyc for some great tutorials!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Could be worse bro!! This happened to me after my rear caliper decided to fracture and play pinball with my rim. Now it's just garage art. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BST have a repairs service don't they? I'm sure I've heard/read they can repair most damage.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information