1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bt Sport - Failure To Record Valencia Motogp Race

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Jan 1, 2019.

1. I've just found out that my BT box failed to record the restart of the Valencia MotoGP race.
    Unfortunately I now know who won the race, as it's plastered all over BT sport website ffs.
    Tried to watch it via BT sport and found out that I can't on my laptop as I am still using Windows 7 and apparently that is now no longer supported and I need Windows 8.1 or above.

Tried to watch it on my ipad but when I click on the race an error message comes up (DT001)
    I've tried signing out and back in again as suggested as a solution to my issue, but no joy.

I've missed quite a few free practice and qually sessions this year as it seems that my BT box is only capable of recording the advertised schedule of the sessions, I wouldn't have thought it beyond technical possibility that BT could sort things so as the box recorded the sessions as and when the shedule is altered.

Time to ditch BT I think and buy the Videopass for this season.

Any comments appreciated, anyone know how I can watch the restarted MotoGP race please?

2. VideoPass user here, formerly BT. VideoPass blows BT out of the water.

At any point, you can watch the race from the start. Great if you kiss the first 5 mins or something as with BT you had to wait until an hour or more after the finish.

Only stuff I miss over BT are some of the extra bits BT do like interviews etc.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. @JH_1986 Can I watch all the free practice and qually with the videopass?

4. Think my issue could be that I have been in India with my ipad recently and BT thinks I'm trying to watch it from India. Anyone know how I can 'reset' my ipad please?

5. Yep. Everything

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I had to reset a colleague's iPad a while back cos of time zone issues.

Just fish around the settings/preferences options, you should find time zone easily enough.

Yes, John, I'll fuck off now : o D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Clearing your cookies and history might help, no?

I see next year on f1 that channel 4 have lost all the rights for live f1 racing except for silverstone. This means they will be stopping all of the highlighted races for adverts

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. have cleared all cookies and web data from ipad.now live chat with bt

#8 CRYSTALJOHN, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I ditched BT sport this time. Very rarely able to watch races live. The app makes you watch on a reduced screen size and has shown me the result of a race I'm watching in the news ticker. Be interested to see the price of a videopass this time around.

10. all sorted now.downloaded app.thanks for help all.

11. Can't see the price of this years videopass anywhere. I have just filled in a form on the videopass site requesting the price. One big advantage for me is I see there is an option to choose a 'No spoiler '

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Correct. There is a no spoiler link. I have the app on my phone and I can open the app and hit calendar rather than videos, then choose the event and click watch race, all without seeing the result.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  13. I presume I will be able to watch on my windows 7 laptop?

mmmh. Special price for returning customers. That looks ominous!

14. Windows 7 laptop won't be an issue. It just plays in the web browser like any other web video. Won't let me install the app on my old ipad though as not a new enough version of ios so i'm stuck with using my phone for the app now. I tend to either watch on laptop or I use my phone to cast the video to one of the Televisions in the house (Apple TV on lounge and Chromecast on bedroom TV and garage TV).

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. I’ve just seen the ‘set screen as default’ option on the new spoiler tab of the phone app. Yay!

0575C275-71A2-47EF-A7DD-5D56195AB0BA.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. @JH_1986

I'm not tech savvy as you have no doubt gleaned.
    I have an ipad Air2, and an iphone 5. I also have one of those Chromecast thingamyjigs that plugs into an hdmi port on my tv.
    Do you recon I might be able to 'cast' the content of my, either, ipad or iphone's screen to my Non Apple tv?

17. Your iPhone 5 won't support the app. Your iPad Air 2 will though. Install the MotoGP app on there and you will be able to cast to the ChromeCast TV perfectly.

Edit: Just had to Google what the iPhone 5 looks like as it's so long ago I forgot :joy:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information