1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Scott Watson, Dec 7, 2019.

1. N

#1 Scott Watson, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  2. Unfortunately very common with Ducati - well at least mine? Anyway it’s starting to delaminate from the casing as aluminium oxide if formed under the paint and will basically get worse. Looking closely at your picture it’s also starting above the bolts unfortunately. Personally in the end I ended up with zero paint on all casings including heads and barrels. My bike is a 2004 monster and a big chunk at the front fell off in 4 months of ownership. Ducati offered to replace my crankcases which I knocked back as didn’t want my engine stripped. Anyway once the barrels and heads went they replaced them. Don’t know what their stance is now. On my 1098 it basically delaminated from big sections of the generator cover which I’ve tidied up with paint but still very noticeable as very difficult to get a really good paint match.

3. Build quality of Ducati is based on use in dry warm weather.

BMW is non existing in any known condition , so bad do not take it out. Triumph, to date, visually, very good.

4. Had the same problem on a Panigale a few years back, Ducati didn’t want to know and told me it was wear and tear.

5. I am on BMW number 3. No corrosion issues, unlike my 13 model year multi, that had problems within 18 months in many areas.
    My current GS now two years old and 20k. Its like new and has been used year round, just cleaned and acf50.

6. Off to the garage now to look at my '18 939 as warranty expires in March......

7. My 2002 ST4S has around 50/50 paint no paint onm the Engine. It is incredible thsat Ducati still can't get this right

8. 2.9 years old, owned by me from new and meticulously looked after.
    Had a bit of a rant at the time at Ducati U.K. & Italy but didn’t work!

9. Fortunately (&lucky!) on mine. Incidentally I just rubbed off the excess sealant with my finger. Looks better now, and sealant does no good on the outside! This crappy Ducati 'finish' is inexcusable. Remind me why we buy these bikes...? Yes, I know.
    IMG_20191208_163613011.jpg

10. Lucky you.

3 year about 25k miles f800 gsaT
    Used acf50. All conditions
    Rust around shock, forks, brakes, all the usual
    Had to get a replacement swingarm and throttle due to corrosion
    Tbh, look under any car and you will see corrosion. Unfortunately bikes can be seen easily.

It's the salt

11. In truth, the Multi is the only bike I have owned to show corrosion issues. Even my Tricolore (left) was fine.
    Fasteners made out of cheese on the multi was the other issue. Great bike, poor materials.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information