1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bugger Me, I've Won A Hypermotard 950

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bumpkin, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Albeit a 1:8 model of one :D

https://www.ducati.com/gb/en/home/join-ducati

Had a call from Ducati in Italy today from a nice lady who gave me the news, said I should have an email in the next few days telling me how to proceed to claim my prize.

• Like Like x 20
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. If Chizel had have won the model he could have ridden it, and Finm :thinkingface:

Not that I condone him riding Finm brw ………………. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Congratulations............
    Are you not tempted to go and collect it? Be an epic way of getting it home. A chance for a factory tour, a visit to the museum.
    It'll only get broken in the post!

• Like Like x 1
  4. And the only one to get one in the UK, I see a bidding war starting soon, highly collectible , maybe @Exige would like to buy it for an offer over £30.000?

5. 30p :thinkingface:

6. They've yet to contact me about collection/delivery. That's the next stage apparently. Thought did occur to me but a 1:8 model, possibly too big to fit into panniers or top box. Not sure if it will come in kit form or be ready assembled. If it were spring and I had the time then it might be an option. However, I need to save the pennies this year as house purchase is on the cards.

And no, unlikely to want to sell it.

7. Have you received this as yet? Would love to see it. @Bumpkin

8. Had a call from the factory in Feb saying they would prefer to have my local dealer present it. Then nothing, the coronavirus hit. Had an email saying that they would be sorting it out after the crisis... Need to get back in touch and ask what's going on...

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Guy who lives with my wife.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. No, I rode it 275 miles and sold it for £8900 cash, I could hardly get my feet on the pegs it was that small.

11. I work with a chap called Guy, wonder if it’s the same one?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Didn't know quite what to expect but was thinking along the lines of a Pocher kit. In fact it turns to be a model of the design concept, quite a cool ornament in my opinion. Was presented at my local dealer, Ducati Worcester, yesterday.

Despite offers I'll be keeping it.

20200729_122653.jpg 20200729_180310.jpg 20200729_180431.jpg 20200729_181005.jpg 20200729_180843.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  13. Sounds great! Are you sure it’s not a SCAM, I would contact your local dealer and get them to verify before you pass on any information about your self.

14. Looks like it would be easy to scan and print ;)

15. Top idea!!!

@Bumpkin

Find somewhere that will 3d print these in gloss black, satin black, red etc

Sell them on......

Do Not Sell My Personal Information