1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bullshit Delivery Nonsense

Discussion in 'Opie Oils' started by camelfarmer, Mar 30, 2018.

1. I was looking to buy a bottle of brake fluid. Looked on Amazon and it was 14.74 with next day prime delivery. 12.85 with free delivery from opie oils via amazon. I thought I'd rather give all the money to opie oils and went to the website, and was happy to find it was on 20% off for easter. Said delivery from 1.50. Went through the process of signing up and the cheapest delivery was 2.50 to delivery in like 10 days. What the hell is taking 10 days? And why is it free delivery on amazon and not on the opie oils website?

2. Have you thought of buying it on Amazon :thinkingface::yum

3. I'm gonna buy it from Amazon. But I tried not to give Amazon more money but these fuckers are charging delivery in a non-consistent manner and it's pissed me off.

4. Or down your local garage for about £3 for 500ml of Coma DOT3 ;). Brake fluid is brake fluid, so long as it confirms to spec and you're not racing or doing loads of track days IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DOT 3 £8.00 for 500ml @ halfords

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Also worth a look at Opie Oils e-bay site - had to buy oil for the Monster, and someone on UKMOC said that while the basic oil price was cheaper on Opie's website, ordering via the website you have to pay for delivery. The basic price for the oil on Opie's e-bay site was less, but no delivery charge, so I ordered through e-bay. (I gave them my feedback about the absurdity of having such different pricing policies depending on the channel ...)

7. Don’t stress, I get your point though

8. Possibly less with a subscriber card.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Yeh, the tight wad :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Feck me Camel, any local motor factors, halfords, garages, bike shops, car workshops etc etc. Unless you are an actual Agoraphobic , why would you get brake fluid on line? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. It's raining. I ain't about to get wet over some brake fluid.

It's just so easy to buy online.

12. Car ya lazy fecker :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I've been left alone for the long weekend. Besides eating fried chicken and jacking off I'm not doing shit.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ^ funniest answer on this website for many a month

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. If the brake fluid does arrive might be best not getting any on your hands, the hands seem quite busy and you don't want to burn your chickens :upyeah:

16. Depending on what you’re watching, Dot 5 might work.

17. Or your eggs...

18. Dot Cotton?

19. Why DOT3?

20. the extra cost is because you live on an island. i hear it most days as i order thousands of pounds worth of parts annually. why the extra cost? because you live on an island sir. wtf?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information