1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bursig Centre Lift Stand Or Similar

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Wayne58, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Does anyone use one ?? Any thoughts on it putting stress on a frame ?? I seen a few reviews of the Constand copy of the Bursig, and that turns out to be a bit shit by all accounts ?? So, if anyone's got a has used a Bursig.... What's your thoughts ??

Sorry, couldn't find a picture of one with a Ducati o_O:worried:

703c85654ba225489018b15ed85195d7_1424x1424.jpg

#1 Wayne58, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2018
  2. I bought a constand for the XDIAVEL S and it was absolutely dire in several respects. It seemed so precarious to me that I repeatedly tried it in the garage. Maybe 50 times. The alternative locating bolt came loose (supported the subframe of the bike).

If that wasn’t enough, it didn’t pick up the bike properly and I was convinced it was going to fall over. I’m sure it would have.

To boot, after only a few adjustments of the adapting plate (to get the positioning just right) the bolts / screws / adaptors began to burr and the threads give way.

Absolutely dire.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks mate, I hear the Bursig one one is very good, but I'm starting to think that conventional paddock and headstock stands would be better. The Constand one has received such a kicking from most in reviews, it was only ever going to be the Bursig, or paddock stands for me I think

4. Wouldn’t touch a Constand with a barge pole.
    Had one a few years ago it wouldn’t lift the bike up square, and the bike also fell off it.
    They certainly don’t work on a 999.

You would do well to avoid

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have constand

Bought it for VFR did not like how much it wobbled so did not use it

Use it for scrambler no issue except the wheels I had to change them as the tyres stretched and were useless if you tried to move around

Luckily I had a centre stand mover that I did not use so took wheels off that

Would I buy one again - hell no

There are a few other makes too but Bursig seems to be genuine German not Chinese..sold by Germans

ABBA Skylift but not easy to fit or move

6. CON-stand...
    pretty apt name by all accounts then!

7. That's what I been hearing hence the interest in the bursig but now I'm starting to think it can't be good for the stress on the frame and am leaning towards conventional stands.

8. Get the ABBA Sky lift. Very stable and works for exactly what you want.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Get an abba-skylift; it allows for far more different positions & dissembling of the bike if needed.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Is the Abba not a bit of a ball ache to set up each time you wanna lift the bike ??

11. These stands are all copies of the 1Jac - the company split and the original designer / manufacturer stayed with UK manufacture with his design. Others took the design to China and all are copies - the Warrior Stand that Demon Tweaks sell is usually the cheapest of the Chinese copies. But if you want the best buy the Abba Skylift as intimated above - I have 2, one to display and one to build bikes... :)

IMG_2736.JPG

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Useful stuff mate, but the Abba puts me off a little as it looks a pain in the arse to set up ?? The Bursig looked real simple, slide in, push a lever, done. But solely using a bit of engineers eye, was thinking it can't be great for the frame, so it kinda looks like Abba, or conventional paddock stands.

13. I use conventional stands for the bikes I have in use :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. www.1jac.com

Had one for about 3 years. Brilliant quality. Made just down the road from where i work in Leeds.
    Only criticism is front wheel could be higher once lifted.
    Still not a problem to remove front wheel. Mainly use it to spin bike around. Had bike sat on it for 3 weeks the other month whilst getting forks serviced. No probs and stable.

9522AC8F-CB2C-4B06-AFE0-C259C54BFAD9.jpeg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Abba stands have a couple of straight forward assembly videos on y/t.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. I just like the fact that you have just a stand on display :blush:
    is it a prototype? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Yeah I see that Gunz, but it's exactly that, that is putting me off a little. I don't wanna assemble something to take my bike up, which is why the Bursig/Jac type one's appealed, whereby you simply slide something in the side and push a lever. Bish, bash bosh, 2 second job......

• Like Like x 1
  18. No :) it has a common 999R on it :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. I've used constands on a few bikes with no problems. I had to adjust it for the Monster as it wasn't picking the bike up high enough to get the front off the ground but stability hasn't been an issue. Bike sits on it when it's not in use so spends a lot of the winter months on it.

[​IMG]

20. They used an ABA stand when changing my Scrambler rear tyre at the weekend, worked well but a faff and it took 2 of them to set it up, remember the good old days of centre stands?, life was simpler then.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information