1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Buying A 2014 Gen 2. Anything I Need To Look Out For?

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by rich77, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Any advice for a 2014 gen 2 Diavel?

It has the red master key and a remote. I assume there should only be one remote?

It's had an oil service at 3k miles and has 6k on the clock now. I guess it's due the 5 years / 9k service now.

Looks clean everywhere. Rides fine. Tyres ok.

Anything specific to Diavels I need to look out for?

2. I’d love to see what spam you get now after googling for that :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I think you of all people know :bucktooth:

4. Ask El T :):upyeah:

5. This is what I wear......

05CB9784-629F-4A54-B944-8D55EE4E306A.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. 2 things you need to look at. Headstock bearings and the rose joint in the rear suspension. We’ve had two sets of headstock bearings collapse due to water ingress causing rust. The current set seems to have lasted since the workshop added a rubber guard from the Hypermotard. The rose joint bearing surface is nylon lined and is well known for collapsing. At 24000 miles, the bike is booked in for its second bearing change. I will add, the bike gets ridden all year, in all weathers and on a mixture of surfaces including the track. Andy

7. Thanks Andy!

8. Only issues i've had are with the POS SACHS Rear shock.
    I was on a 12 day ride with the Wife back in Dec 2018, The rear shock was hammering our butts badly, Installed an Ohlins shock, i took apart old shock and found that the rebound needle valve was jammed shut in the piston end of the Rod, the clicker still working great it made no changes to the feel of the shock.
    +1 on the Rose Joint... there are better options to fix this IMHO.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information