1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying a diavel

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by tarmacassasin, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Decided to buy a Diavel after a test ride last week at ducati wolves. anything i should know?

2. Like what? Model and price differences? Servicing costs? I hope you're not expecting anything to fall off :smile:

3. You should know they do not look like a sports bike or an adventure bike.

4. Just any faults to look for other than the norm. Im not buying new. Let someone else soak up the loss. Looking at a 2011 model. I mean any teething issues or mods that should be done?

Yeah not a sports bike or a adventure bike which is why i like it. Its different.

5. Different to other Ducatis. But not other American bikes I think you'll find. :wink:

6. There was a number of re-calls and upgrades with side stands and license plate holders breaking ( but mainly from the USA ), think there's one at the moment for changing the coolant, if its coming from a main dealer all those should be done but it's worth asking the question and asking for proof. Guessing it will have a further 12 months warranty anyway. Popular upgrades are the touring seat and screen and an Ohlins rear shock but tbo mine was fine as standard. Enjoy..............great bike.

7. 5 more sleeps 'til I get mine:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. wasnt keen on the feel of the touring seat, guess thats personal preferance tho to the shape of your ass. so theres np performance difference from 2010 to 2013 models? the specs look the same or am i missing something?

9. Apart from the new colours of 2013 the Diavel has been un-altered since it's introduction in 2011.

10. I think I read somewhere (could've been BIKE mag) that they are updating it got 2014 with different headlights and stuff.

11. 1 more sleep:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. +1

Rumours are that the 2014 Diavel will have a different headlight, new silencers/end cans, different radiator cowls & indicators.

13. In other words a couple of cosmetic changes to keep it slightly newsworthy and maybe trick an existing owner into buying a new one.

14. I quite like the original setup. Thonks its a marmite bike. Love it or hate it.

15. I love it. It rides really well, looks great, and love or hate it, surely everyone has to admit it is like no other bike.

16. Love it. And I like marmite too.

17. Ducati Wolves were great. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information