1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying A Diavel

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Dillon, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Hi all Im looking to buy a Diavel and have had a read through this section with interest but have a couple of questions.

1 Are all Diavels the same apart from cosmetics

2 Is there anything I should be looking for any common problems to check for.

3 As I read in another post that some one has seen one at £8500 but most start at £10,000 is this a true guid because I too have found one for £8500 hence questions 1 and 2.

4 and last Has any one got one for sale preferably to PX with my Hayabusa (don't laugh).

Thanks in anticipation

2. All are mechanically the same, yes. Only cosmetic differences.

8.5k does seem a little low. I've found a few at 9k, but they've done 15-20k miles and are 3 yrs old.

No real known issues tbh. The only niggle I have with mine is finding neutral when the 'box is cold.

Matt

3. Thanks for the reply Matt this one is a 2011 with 5k on it Red and looks fine but not riden yet because my Busa has not yet sold.

4. Fraudulent advert? There's a lot about...

5. No mate its not an advert I have seen the bike it belongs to a friend of a guy that I have done business with before. Story is that he bought it dont use it and now need the money, (sounds familiar) I havnt looked into it too closley because I need to sell mine first but on the face of it, it sounds genuine.

6. That does sound genuine. Could be a good buy there.

7. Wow didnt expect a reply at this time good morning.. I havnt heard it running, like I said I didnt look too close because I cant buy. I was there with a mate having some work done on his MV and it was sat there I mentioned that I really liked the Diavel then the guy said he was only storing it for his mate who didnt use it and wanted to sell it and that was it then I decided if I could sell mine I would have a look at it which is how I came to be on here asking for advice. And Yes it does sound too good to be true.

8. With a little luck it will all work out for you. It's 0830 where I am, so not too early for me ;)

9. 5 am here I cant sleep im starting a new business venture and too much on my mind. Thanks for the chat.

The other thing is even if I started it I wouldn't know if it sounded bad, I have never owned a Ducati but I would go and test a couple of others to compare.

10. @abmatt2002 here switched from an 848 to a Diavel just last year. He would be the best person to ask for a true opinion. I certainly haven't heard the kind of complaints that are heard from Multi owners, but I don't know if that's because large numbers of Diavel owners don't really come here or if they are just very reliable.

@Android853sp also owns a Diavel, Mrs Android rode it on a few track days not long ago and, from the pictures, it seemed to go well.

11. Thanks for the info but at the moment im tied untill I sell the Busa this guy isnt advertising the Diavel as yet which in its self got me thinking if he needs the money why isnt he advertising it ?? No point in looking too deep untill I can move on it.

12. 11 plate with 5k on it private sale for 9k seems fair. Got to remember the face lift model has just been released which will affect used prices of the previous version.

At 3 yrs old it must be due, or requiring an mot soon. Also it will be due its belts in 2 years or 10k miles which ever comes sooner.

If it's been stood for a while it might need a service and possibly new battery if it hasn't been looked after.

13. [QUOTE="pingping010101, post: 352314, member: 25148 @Android853sp also owns a Diavel, Mrs Android rode it on a few track days not long ago and, from the pictures, it seemed to go well.[/QUOTE]

Um, it's not my Diavel my friend, bought and paid for by my girlfriend to replace her R6 :). I'd also say she ragged the arse off it at Cartagena :upyeah:. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks abmatt I first saw this bike a couple of years ago in fact it was the first Diavel I ever saw and loved it then but it was only in for a service and not for sale, I have since ridden a shop demo and loved that too. It does sound like the owner keeps it in his mates bike shop and doesn't ride it much at all.

Whats Belts ??? do Diavels have cam belts that need changing or the like.

15. Never mind ragging the arse off it did she like it ;)

All ways good to see a girl that can ride.

16. If there was a fire and she could save one thing, it wouldn't be me :Arghh:. She also has an NC29 400RR for the track and that would be 2nd thing she saved. Joking aside as many riders have found the Diavel is a great bike and involving to ride. Andy

17. Ive all ways been a straightline boy Drag race and top speed stuff never been much good at corners so I think me and the Diavel will get along fine

18. According to Superbike magazine it's the absolute business for going fast in a straight line!

19. Yep its as quick as a Busa up to a point

20. The end? ;)

Busa's cheat anyway, with their turbos and superchargers and extended swing arms...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information