1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Buying A Spare Set Of Wheels For The Track ?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Android853sp, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Then don't make the same mistake I made. The V4 front wheel hub measured between the outsides of the bearing/seal housing is 30mm wider than the corresponding measurement on a 2017 Multustrada Pikes Peak Marchesini forged front wheel. Sadly it is not just a case of making bigger wheel spacers either, you would also have to make 15mm spacers to mount the discs, which in my case, is most definitely not going to happen. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Looks a nice bit of kit but I'm just a little nervous about that as a solution for the V4 on track. Need to think it through. However if the wheel I've got sells, I will buy a Panigale wheel. Andy

3. Apart from safety concerns, you'll be adding extra weight using the 15mm spacers. Probably not a major change of gyroscopic forces as near the centre, but a definite increase of unsprung mass.

4. Not on carbon wheels as above :thinkingface: and are you not just replacing material that is missing off the wider hub anyway...

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Spaced out discs for extra cooling.
    Well, I would certianly not add 15mm billet aluminium spacer on a magnesium or carbon wheel....
    I thought of just replacing material, but I assume a magnesium is lighter and maybe machined out or even hollow hear and there?

6. Plus the extra weight of spacer will be close to the centre of mass and so really not causing any big gyroscopic issues....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information