1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying New Pointers

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by johnny, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Thinking about a new Multi V4S.

Circumstances have been kind so I can pay cash. Rang two dealers, one gave me the play book (great bike ..tough to get... send a deposit) other one was better

I could trade in the Triumph as its 20 years since I sold a privately bike. What’s the best way to get a deal. Also any traps?

2. Sell your motorcycle privately for the best return on your capital,there're many platforms for selling these days that can get good results and then play hard nosed with the dealers,i.e Kick them in the balls a few times for the right answers.

3. The dealer will have a tame trader to offload your triumph so the trade in will be low. As you haven't put a deposit down, it is unlikely you will be allocated one up from the first delivery. There is usally more negotiating room if you go for straight credit (not Tri Options) and you will probably fo better asking for free servicing, bolt on goodies or clothing. There may be special offers in the new year but I don't know that for certain. Andy

4. Avoid trading it in at the Stealers! Privately will be your best option financially, unless they are offering you a decent price. Some people just don’t want the hassle. I’m patient so will always generally go down this route:cool:

5. If you're at the head of the queue for a new model when the clamour is at its loudest and there's an ugly mob pounding at the door, don't expect any discounts, or to be weighed down with gifts from a dealer. However, if you're prepared to wait till the excitement drains and they're sweating for sales again, the ball will have landed in your court....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. agreed. having bought few new models in recent years pretty sure there won't be any discounts worth shouting about on a new model for most of next year - especially if you want one of the first to arrive. most you might get is free tail tidy, heated grips or similar. didn't matter about finance or not and I've found it best to push for decent part ex.

7. Despite opinions on here I suspect demand will still be high so dealers will won’t need to offer any deals, not sure how they work with Ducati on orders, or how that will be affected post brexit but the likes of Kawasaki the UK importer orders a set number per year and dealers buy up what they want/will sell and so once the stock is gone that’s it till next year? If the bike is popular then there’s no deals to be had, as they know many dealers won’t even have the bike in stock, if not and they are hanging around then yeah for sure.
    As for your trade in that very much depends on the dealer and if it is something they would be interested in selling themselves or if they punt it out to a used dealer, some dealers have a healthy used stock alongside their own brand, others turn their nose up at anything non brand? When I traded in my MV against a new Kawasaki they looked at current values in the market and chipped me £500 on that, which I thought was alright as I really couldn’t be bothered with the hassle for £500. They marked it up £500 and sold it 2 weeks later (it was in cracking nick though and needed nothing doing)

8. Ducati showrooms will still be full of unsold 2020 models and I know KTM just used to knock 25% off old stock for the dealer to sell but not sure Ducati have the same philosophy. Will there be big discounts on 2020 models ?

9. hmm, my local dealer's problem this year was actually getting stock from ducati - not selling it

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I think the last 3 or 4 months supplies were coming through. I know 3 months ago my dealer took delivery of 3 821 Monsters (I bought a Stealth) plus 3 Hypermotards. What will those Monsters be priced at next year.

11. Production rates are low, sales are still high, my local dealer had met their sales targets months early. When I last visited their problem was getting stock to sell. They had one new unsold bike!

12. Well my dealer is OK ish but then quotes April for delivery of the bike I want, but has (surprise surprise) a higher spec bike coming in quicker. Either way he wants my trade in sitting in his shop January.

Some of that smells a little bit

13. but can work to your advantage :upyeah:

14. upload_2020-12-18_20-11-47.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information