1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying Through Facebook Groups

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Bo01691, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Long story short….

I’ve put a deposit on an 899 fuel tank with the view to collecting it in person next week when time will allow. But it’s a 4 hour round trip from home that I could do without and the seller has offered to post. Soooo, before I send money to a stranger does anyone on here know Barry Drummond from Wakefield?
    He has recently sold this bike.

ED134073-A74C-404F-A17A-CFD9272644BE.jpeg

2. Pay him with PayPal. If he doesn't send it you will get a refund.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Who puts bike for sale with Km reading. be careful

4. facebook automatically list miles as KMS, you can't do anything about it. put the tinfoil hat away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. All I would say is FB groups are great and terrible. Great in terms of information but also targeted by those that try and swindle you as you feel safe.

But if you are careful , pay with PP and not family ad friends then you can reduce the risks massively.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. And i would imagine that you have a photo of the tank as well .

7. I've sold and bought as much via FB as I have on here. Don't use paypal. Bank transfer when I sell or buy. Never had bother, ever.

8. Thanks for you input guys, it’s reinforced much of what I was thinking anyway. I’ve been happy to buy and sell on here without a second thought but there’s a good community feel on here and I don’t think scammers wouldn’t last very long!

9. I'd drive, my "mint" and everyone else's seem to be very different.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Who doesn’t love a road trip?!

11. Everyone loves Roadtrip apart from Mrs Roadtrip of course :thinkingface:

12. I’m sure my missus will be really understanding when I say I’ve got a road trip planned to buy a fuel tank, especially as we’ve a 4 week old child in the house! o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Perhaps that Community feel will extend to somebody local offering to go and view it, or buy it on your behalf and courier it to you at your expense.
    I belong to a Land Rover Forum where there is a specific section for that purpose.

#13 Nasher, Jul 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  14. I’m sure Mrs RT loves Mr RT when he does as he’s told and doesn’t do anything without a script. :confused:

15. Sounds like you married her sister :D

16. Hence why I put his name and location and picture of his old bike on the first post. I was hoping someone would say “I know Barry and he’s sound, you’ll be safe sending money to him”

Bikers tend to recognise bikes and who they belong too!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information