1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 S Bye For Now

Discussion in 'Monster' started by LCjohnny, Jun 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. After 13,000 miles on my Monster I have let it go.

It was great fun - especially two up when i could use more of the power (although the range and seat comfort were disappointing).

But frankly I was not often able to find roads where i could unleash it properly.

So i have gone to a Guzzi Griso

Still an italian 90 degree 1200 (but with 40hp & 10Nm less)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Anything manufactured with the Italian flag is good ffor me, enjoy the change.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. It doesn’t stop you being able to post here :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Are the seat and fuel economy/ range better?

5. The seat is an easy 250 to 350ml and then do it again the next day. Remapped the fuel consumption is a bit worse 48 against 49-50 for the Monster :( and the tank is sthe same size so the range is a bit worse.

The main advantage to me is that although the Monster is an absolute hoot when the roads allow or encourage 'balls out riding' it can be a bit of a pain when there are police or speed cameras or in shitty weather or passing through old congested market towns. The Griso is still fun or enjoyable in almost all circumstances - even on Motorways at very close to the legal limit :)

Warning the Griso has faults than need correction or mitigation by the owner - it rewards that type of engagement with the bike https://www.grisoghetto.com/
    2021-05-24  John o Groats.jpg

6. And thanks i will keep a watch on the forum and butt in where i think i can add something.
    Will be selling the chain C spanner and wheel socket soon

7. I know exactly what you mean about "less is more" -its why I keep my old but highly modified Monster.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had a Griso some years ago, great bikes, a lot of fun to own and ride. I`m sure you`ll enjoy yours @LCjohnny

#8 dukesox, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Nice move. I have a Guzzi in the garage as well ;)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information