1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Bypass Screws And Co Levels: Why Tps Reset?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by luke1198, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Help! I don't understand the idle speed adjustment procedure (section D.5). :sweat:

According to the manual, one should iterate the following until the CO level is 0.7 and the idle speed is 1250 rpm:

1. Make a TPS reset.
    2. Measure the CO level on each cylinder. If less than 0.7 close the air bypass screw by 1/4 turn on that cylinder (if higher, open it).
    3. Repeat.

Why should one make so many times a TPS reset? I thought that a TPS reset only calibrates the "zero position" of the Throttle Position Sensor once for all.
    Or does a TPS reset also adjust the injection duration (leaner/richer) and/or the stepper motor (choke) such as to achieve an idle speed of 1250 rpm?

Is the stepper motor for the choke always fully closed after the first minute of operation (enrichment phase)? Or is it used by the ECU to tune the idle speed too?

Can one use the signal from the lambda sensors instead of using a CO sensor (which I don't have)?

#1 luke1198, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. CO adjustment is for when there are no lambdas. If you have lambdas fitted and active then these will take care of the CO levels via the ECU.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information