1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cable Ties Ocd

Discussion in 'Monster' started by wadesnj, Oct 6, 2018.

1. It seemed a good idea, so I've just ordered a bunch of Silver cable ties to replace the ugly black ones that currently adorn my silver frame. Is this a sign of mental illness, or normal for a Ducati owner? I think it will look much better. IMG_20181006_123222.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lovely and clean:upyeah:but this question is for our Robarano;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cable ties are also an obsession with IT project installation BIAS* engineers.

I am sorry to have to say, you are as mad-dog bollock crazy as them crazy feckers. Sorry.

*BIAS: Bodge It And Scarper

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I am hoping you have trimmed the excess sufficiently and tucked away from site :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I suspected I might be losing the plot... And coincidentally I work in IT! :p

6. Obsessively! Snipped end should always be rotated out of sight.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I have to admit to a bit of Autoglym resin polish application before taking this pic under the LED floodlights (nice reflections in the paintwork). Sad, I know.

• Like Like x 1
  8. what if the silver ties are the wrong shade? :D atfer you snip them, you need to blind the ends with a hot knife to stop laceration :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Nice to see another Monster here.

You can dispense with cable ties completely, but that does entail brazing bosses to the inside of the frame for cable clips. That’s really taking it to extremes though, and is best left until you are doing a full frame off refurb!

10. some nice flush cut side cutters trim off cable ties nicely or you can guarantee the next time you reach into the frame everything will turn a lovely shade of red

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. You really know when you have issues if you buy a HellermannTyton MK3SP. As the zipties are pence compared to that thing...or try stainless steal zipties & the application tool.

12. ducbird would like that

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I can't say that visible cable ties bother me too much. I tend to use the genuine Ducati rubber band ties as fitted OEM. :thinkingface:

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 19.47.07.png

My 1098R had a load of cable ties on the frame when I bought it and they had actully bitten in and left rings around the frame spars. Because JHP had reapired a scratch, close to the foot rest on the frame quite poorly before I bought it and I had to paint that, I took the opportunity to paint the side of the frame to get rid of them. :upyeah: They were bugging me. :no_mouth: OCD, Moi? :laughing:

IMG_4024.JPG

When I do use cable ties for aftermarket additions, such as Optimate leads etc, I go to lengths to hide the cables and the associated cable ties used to hold them. o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. OMG don't - just hoping the silver is a good match or I'll have a breakdown . Agree that melting the cut ends is essential

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Titties :thinkingface:

16. So got the silver cable ties today, they are not an exact colour match for my frame, but I think it looks better than having the black ones! Belly pan to do next, got that today as well. IMG_20181011_174208.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. +1 for the colour and looks a lot tidier , but there is no way I'd have turned the zip part inside
    On a frame tube the cable should sit in the natural V in the tie this secures the cable/ lines without pinching / squashing it
    Wanted the cables rerouting if we are being picky

• Like Like x 1
  18. I tried not to overtighten them, just pulled up snug so as not to pinch the line/cables. But I had to hide the zip lock just for looks!

19. What is it with Ducati owners and OCD?

Doesn't appear to be as prevalent on other brand's forums. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. There are other brands?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information