1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabriolet Roof Cleaning Options

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Kingfixer, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Er indoors owns a 2013 Audi A5 cabriolet, the car still looks great but the black fabric roof is looking a bit old, does anyone know of a decent product that I can use on a fabric roof to get it looking clean..ish.

2. Autoglym do a decent kit I used it on a 330 cab I used to have, still have it in the garage I think :thinkingface:, made a good job and managed to get the green stains out of it fairly easily:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. KKD Citrus Magic....is the best product I have ever used on really badly contaminated soft tops. It contains anti-fungicidal & anti-bacterial agents to prevent regrowth of the mould spores....

Get it here:https://liquidelementsuk.co.uk/products/citrus-magic-pre-wash

Its not a 10 min job getting these roofs clean....if its really bad I envisage it will take a min of 2-3 hours to get clean....lots of scrubbing involved and dwell times to let the Citrus do its magic...

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. Other than adopting a child and using them as a bog brush, what implement would you recommend for the scrubbing Rob?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. haha..yer a card @noobie ....I personally use one of my 2 little King Charles....hehe....ok the perfect brush is here;

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/vikan-upholstery-nail-brush

okkidodki.....this are the methods I use for cleaning badly stained / dirty / fungus soft top roofs;
    If the roof is very dirty I will first use the hoover with a soft brush attachment and vacuum as much dirt as possible....then using the Citrus Magic diluted at 5:1 in a spray bottle, spray the whole roof liberally and let the solution dwell for 10 mins....( no water has been added yet to the roof )
    Then spray some more and using the brush methodically brush the whole area......then using a normal hose ( do not use a pressure washer as it will place permanent marks in the roof material if you are not careful )....rinse the roof down with hose and spray attachment ( rain setting if you have it )...the run off water will be initially very dirty....repeat the steps above until the runoff water runs clear indicating that the roof is clean....then I use a microfibre towel to pat dry.

If you want to reproof the roof ( once the roof is BONE dry ) the absolute dogs is Grangers Fabsil Gold...not the spray....in the can....decant and brush on liberally with a high end decorating brush....

DSC_0151.jpg DSC_0152.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cheers Rob and thanks for the fuller explanation. I'll contact oxfam and cancel my order

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. fit a hard top.............

8. Hope the OP doesn’t mind a topic stretch, but what do you recommend for best results on a grubby everflex vinyl roof @rob lewis ?

9. As above buddy....

10. Thanks Rob

• Like Like x 1
  11. Obviously do not reproof with Fabsil Gold....

12. Lol. Yeah, I guessed so!
    Cheers,
    Jon

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Well I did it this morning , my hands were fecking freezing
    Used the autoglym as I got one from Halfords yesterday, did it twice as the foam was so green on the first wash/scrub. The results are great.

• Like Like x 1
  14. No pain no gain....glad you've got the desired results...

15. @rob lewis I’ll use your suggested stuff next time round it was just easier this weekend to get it from Halfords

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information