1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cagiva Elefant 750 1987

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by FAT MATT, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Well i needed a more robust bike to see me through the winter and prevent ruining my 999.

have been in turmoil for months over getting rid of the Ducati for a BMW GS or the like. I even inadvertantly got Hyper Steve onto a Tenere 660.

well after lots of twisting and turning i have brought a dog rough Elefant 750. Havent even seen it yet other than the listing photos but reacon ill be able to turn it into something resembling what i need.

Since it is a Ducati Panta engine i guess ill still be able to post details on here (still have the T9 too)

Matt

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ah well ,you should have it sorted by the spring:biggrin:

3. No doubt, one expensive money pit to a rare and expensive money pit that i intend to get muddy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Hurry up and get it. Lol.

5. there are a few of us on here who run them - sounds like you have the earlier model - a 'Bifaro'?

#5 Chris, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  6. Cagiva Elefant 900

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Try the usual location for this _Cagiva Elefant 900 very rare 1994 with Ducati 900 V twin engine - looks quite tidy - big trailie anyone ?

7. They are lovely!!

8. Yeah, Bifaro or Monaro I'm not quite sure. It has the single headlight rather than twin round ones.

Found a forum and have some manuals from some kind Elefantisti.

Will post some pictures of my adventures.

9. I'll be expecting them to be of the Sahara.

10. yes - I know.. (wink)

11. Ah,
    Did you email me the link then Chris?

12. Yeah, he's not far from me.

I think that's a lot. Looks like it will need big spends as well and not worth good money at the end.

13. That might have the iffy weber carb they put on the paso.

14. they have mikuni as std just like 'ours' though, so I doubt it. I think it could be a bargain if it's only stood as owner says.

15. Yo Fat Matt + did you go and look at the Blue 750 Elefant, what did you think ?

16. Are you up for it then Dave - is it near you? he's contacted someone on another Forum before Ebaying, seems like a straight forward kind of bloke. There's a phone number included with the ad.

17. Yes _ I am looking for a winter bike and/or a winter project, and this might fit the bill if it comes at a decent price. Do they make a decent tool ? Have you had one ? I do like the adventure style bike, I did 50K mile in three years on a 1200GS, and 8k miles on a 1200 Mutley recentley, but the bank manager wanted some of his money back so it had to go !

18. Among owners, it's like it's our best kept secret.. had 4 altogether and I would never be without one now. Apart from extra squirt and a few creature comforts I would have a 'fant over a Multistrada anyday and just like the SS, the 750 is the best all rounder. The only thing that's off putting is the scarcity of panels/cosmetics/suspension parts really.

19. Not seen it Dave,

I brought an older 750 and to be fair, if that one was up is have probably gone to have seen it before I hit the bid button.

I'm picking mine up Friday afternoon and have a pile of parts building up already.

Cosmetically mine is rough but my intention is to spend on running the bike rather than polishing.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information