1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Cam Belt Change Help Needed

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by ibgarrow, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Changing the belts on my 2011 gen 1 Multistrada, I’ve made an @rse of it, and am in need of some tech assistance.
    Following instructions, I turned the engine over to align the tdc marks on the cog and case. So far, so good. I then marked the cogs and belts with Tippex. Still good. I removed the belts …. Here comes the bad bit…and in doing so, smeared/erased the marks on the vertical belt!
    I’ve read the Ducati Workshop manual which requires the vertical cylinder cam gear ‘slots’ to be aligned horizontally (the inlet rotates when the belt is removed.)
    Question: if the engine has stayed at tdc, the cog/case marks still lined up, can I “simply” align the vertical cylinder cam end ‘slots’ horizontally and refit the belt?
    (I’ve done this, and turned the engine over a couple of times-no crunchy noises…)
    All help gratefully received:
    Signed
    Clumsy numpty.

2. upload_2021-12-19_22-43-16.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. hope it helps

• Like Like x 1
  4. Assuming you have put the new belt on, then surely you just need to rotate the engine till vertical is at TDC on compression, then check the alignment marks are correct and you're good to go?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information