1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Cam Belt Cover

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by SteveE, Nov 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I’m trying to fit a cam belt cover (that I’ve had carbon dipped) on the 1260. It was easy on the DVT - 13 bolts and the cover of the lower cam belt slips off under a plastic/rubber breather pipe which sits just above and behind the left leg of the ‘V’ of the frame. Problem is on the 1260, the second bolt down on the right is truly behind the rubber pipe and I can’t get access to it. What is that rubber pipe and how do I get it off/ out of the way?

8663382C-5175-4886-BF7E-253B5C073FA8.jpeg

999BE230-0B8F-49D2-8441-F04552CF04FC.jpeg

#1 SteveE, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  2. Update... just called the dealer and they said the tank has to come off! Can’t be right. All I need is that breather tube out of the way.

AA634C9B-04D8-4711-A23B-05E2BC49F575.jpeg

3. Oh dear. I thought I read elsewhere that could be wriggled out.
    That looks good. Where did you get it done and how much was it?

4. A1 Hydroprint In Whitney. I got six parts done including the belt cover for just over £300. Dealer now saying will cost an hour’s labour to fit the lower cam belt cover including removing and replacing the breather pipe. Apparently the pipe has ‘awkward clips on each end’ :mad: if anyone knows how to do it would appreciate the advice

5. It’s Witney and there just up the road from me. Good guys.

6. Alan it was your original recommendation that led me there with my last bike just over two years ago :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Just cut the pipe and put a joiner in.

8. it must be the same as enduro’s. I took mine two times already with no problem. Just push rubber up or down to get to the bolt. It won’t break

9. I would agree for the 1200 but for the 1260 it just won’t move and definitely not the same

10. The lower end has a hose clamp which is easily reached. Once the hose is removed at the lower end it may be able to be moved enough. If not , remove the tank and get on with it. Though it's been a few weeks so it's likely sorted by now

11. It is sorted. There’s no lower end it’s front end and back end of a horizontal breather hose (as per photos above) with a clip on the front. I resorted to cutting the old one off (on the advice of the dealer) and then fitting a new one. The hose is £11 which, for Ducati, is nothing. Anyway as you can see the new dipped cover looks great.

2A1CDFC7-3719-44E7-AEFB-527710E2DDB3.jpeg

12. I actually meant the rear end which has an easily accessed hose clamp. Oh well, all good

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information