1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can’t Wait......

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Wull, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Hi all, fell in love with a 1299s so chopped in my s1000rr for it, picking the bike up on Saturday......can’t come quick enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome and enjoy!

3. Hello and welcome dude...

4. Welcome Dave

5. Congratulations and welcome. :)

6. Funny isn't it people who have Ducatis are thinking of selling for the bmw, and people who have bmws sell um for Ducatis.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Welcome wull:upyeah:a very nice selection.

8. I love the BMW, don’t get me wrong and I had initially went in to view a gen 3 even though the 1299s was on the back of my mind, but I like being different in the sense of where I live and whilst out for a ride you are guaranteed to see so many s1000rr’s.

Is that because they’re so good, possibly, but this 1299s does it for me, both looks and performance, seating position for me personally is better and the sound with the akra’s....wow!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Great colour welcome into the mad house

Don’t forget your bin pics we like them and it’s a forum law :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bin pics????? Not as in “crash” lol!

11. Wheelie bin!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I know some value both bikes but if I was more track focused, the bmw would be the ford focus, does what it should but if I wanted to have a beaming smile on my mush and a little bit of sex wee coming out when I opened the garage door, Then the 1299 would be my preference. I hope you enjoy riding it.

13. I have a 4c8 for track but I did do a day on the beemer, not a fan of taking road bikes on track tbh just in case it goes wrong, but I do plan on doing at least one day next season. It’ll be way better than the 4c8 but the R1 is well set up and goes well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. welcome wull, enjoy what good weather we have left!

15. Gosh no!!!!
    Garbage/rubbish/trash/recycling
    The best you can do :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome chap

17. I think it’s more of a case of people who buy newish bikes tend to fancy a change after 12-24 months. I’ve had my 1290 just over a year and I’m already tryinng to find excuses to buy something new and shiny.

Lovely bike :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Challenge accepted :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Collected the bike today, what a bike. Left home at roughly 10:15 with the s1000rr and took a nice easy ride to Glasgow. It was a bit chilly but not too bad, a perfect collection day.

Arrived at roughly 11:45 and did the deal. Nice and dry for the ride home, an absolutely stunning bike, I love it.

Roll on next season

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information