1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 Can 38 Fault

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by hooneroids, Jul 21, 2017.

1. hi all
    i bought my bike last year 07 1098s ,previous owner has put a full zard system and race ecu (an invaluable lead to the cure) this is the first fault code ive ever seen on any bike ive owned,she had been running a bit lumpy but then two days ago i had this show up on my dash can 38,bike wouldnt turn over fuel pump ticking away and no neutral light but nice yellow light on the dash,after combing forums most answers pointed to a poor neg connection to the ecu, the joy the joy the joy tightened up the two bolts holding the ecu to the frame(one or both of them passes through the heatsink and earths the ecu) and boom away she went so cleaned the bolts aswell just to be sure
    such an easy fix,i didnt have to go further but you can split the ecu from the heatsink and clean the two aluminium surfaces
    i owe a guy called chouch from montreal who reposted a fix from a brit forum on a can38 problem on a 999 a big thanks

2. The issue will have been the small earth lead under one of those bolts. Check it over for verdigris and clean with emery paper.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information