1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Any Technical Members Help???

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Dukeofwindsor, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Hi,I've spotted this "special" locally advertised.The power unit is an R1 Yam with a manual gearbox setup.The guy has obviously spent brewsters on the build and it looks pretty good quality with plenty of the right trick bits!What I would like to get some advice on is changing the gearbox to a sequential (paddle) setup.is it major work and roughly would any of you clever engineers out there have any idea of the cost to get the job done? Thanks for reading

2. IMG_0168.PNG

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Different car but you get the idea over 2 vids

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Thanks chap! I looked at a hayabusa engined Smart car a couple of weeks ago but it was a shed build effort and an obituary waiting for a new victim

5. That should already be sequential because it would be using the r1 box. A propshaft is connected to a specially made flange that bolts onto the sprocket shaft. What i would be looking for is a push button shift which mounts behind the steering wheel slightly.

6. Your best bet would be to have a look on some of the kit car sites specifically at lotus 7 style cars like Westfield etc as putting bike engines into this type of car has been done for quite a long time now.

7. images (2).jpg
    I built this about 14 years ago. Formula 27 with a zx9r engine in it.

8. Flatshifter.com look like they do what you need.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information